Jamie Sabau/Getty Images
I’m still excited about watching the Maple Leafs and you should be as well because…
- Third line centre "The Cambridge Comet" Tim Brent gets better every game, Who is this masked man?! (Visor, what have you.)
- They have become a selfless team and are passing the puck very well in tight.
- The goal scoring has been spread throughout all four lines. Even Colton Orr is getting in on the fun.
- Their special teams continue to improve.
- Their young guns are learning the ropes and becoming professional hockey players in the safer confines of the AHL under the watchful eye of hard nose Dallas Eakins. For now, check out the Marlies too, hype!
- Clarke MacArthur was a hell of an off season acquisition. He continues to contribute offensively, as he has four goals on the season and is on pace for over 90. (yeah, yeah I know!)
- They have simplified their game and have turned into a fundamentally sound team.
- There are a ton of puck bunnies down at the ACC and at most hockey venues, but T-Dot certainly holds the upper-hand to most cities!
- They are silencing the haters of Leafs Nation.
- They beat a legit Stanley cup contender in Pittsburgh and in turn can beat anyone, on any given night.
- They exude tenacity throughout the lineup.
- Not only has goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere been playing great,but "The Monster" Jonas Gustavsson showed with a few clutch saves in the Pittsburgh game. He’s ready to answer the bell, as well.
- Oh yeah, THEY ARE 3-0! In other words, undefeated, haven’t lost a game, flawless…you get the picture!
- They continue to average four goals a game, and who doesn’t like to score or watch their team score…uh…this is getting kinda weird…next!
- They have now scored the first goal in all three games, again all wins, last year they only scored the first goal in 30 games, lets not bring up that ugly past and…
- This is a completely new team that doesn’t resemble in any way, shape or form the ghosts of Christmas past.
- Beer tastes so much better while watching our beloved blue and white win!
- There are only 79 games left until the playoffs and the Leafs are on their way. Won’t you wanna know how they got there?
- Brian Burke has put some good pieces in place for Ron Wilson. Finally Wilson, who I’ve admittedly criticized, has turned them into a well-oiled machine!
- And last but certainly not least, a spark has been lit under this team and there is nothing better than watching a red-hot hockey team, especially when they are our own TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!
GO LEAFS GO!