Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
VANCOUVER--Here are some of the things Canucks fans may be wondering about newest Canuck Billy Sweatt.
- Billy is the younger brother of Lee Sweatt, who signed with the Canucks back in May. Same day as Chris Tanev. Lee Sweatt plays D.
- Billy played 4 years in college, where he started college as a 17 year old.
- In 2007, the Chicago Blackhawks drafted Bill Sweatt 38th overall in the second round.
- On June 30, 2010, Bill Sweatt was packaged with Kris Versteeg to Toronto Maple Leafs.
Bits and Pieces You Do Not Know Yet:
- Let's clear up the fog right away: Bill Sweatt honestly states on his Twitter account that he and agent Scott Norton never turned down the Leafs. Burke yanked the offer away.
- Bill Sweatt admittedly feared what was going to happen to Tomas Kaberle trade, as forward prospects and players were expected to enter the Leafs, which diminishes his chance to make the team. But he never got a shot at joining them post-Kaberle saga.
- Also a good hearted guy, Billy Sweatt gave some money to a homeless man on the street today. While he couldn't take a picture on his phone, he's glad the man appreciates the gift.
- Billy is skating and working out everyday right now except for Sundays.
- Biggest asset is Bill's skating. His speed is very noticeable on the ice against the d-man. The D can hardly catch up to him skating backwards.
- He is on his way to Denver to skate with older brother and Richard Bachman, a goalie prospect of Dallas Stars.
Thank you for participating.
Become a Fan of Joseph!
Go to my Profile And Click Become a Fan.