Guy Lafleur played a total of 1255 games including the playoffs while playing for the Montreal Canadiens,New York Rangers and Quebec Nordiques. He won five Stanley Cups while playing with the Montreal Canadiens.
Here's a list of his most memorable quotes.
- "After 13 years, I couldn't accept to be number two."
- "I realized that my family was more important to me than downtown night life."
- "Play every game as if it is your last one."
- "The day you hear someone call me captain will be the day I buy a boat."
- "It's nice to see the young ones 7, 8, 9 years old. It seems like they know you through their parents."
- "That's why I made a comeback in 1988. I knew there were chances of not making it, but I didn't want to end up at sixty years old and say I should have tried when I was thirty-eight."
- "I would compare that to when I first started with the Montreal Canadiens; it was a big family then, where the guys really stuck together and worked like a unit. But when I came back in '88, it was not like that anymore."