August 16, 2010
Rich Lam/Getty Images
NHL Breeze: Aug.15, Evening Edition
Note: Joseph's computer officially back. It is safe to say you can expect regular NHL Breezes in the future.
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday to:
- Jackub Voracek, 21, Columbus Blue Jackets
- Brendan Morrison, 35, former Vancouver Canuck
- Martin Biron, 33, New York Rangers
- Victor Oreskovich, 24, Vancouver Canucks
News and Notes:
- Tomas Kaberle not expected to be moved, because teams are bailing out of the high asking price of Brian Burke. San Jose, Dallas, Columbus all self-proclaimed as being "out of the race."
- Carolina, Boston, Buffalo could have minor interests, but not expected to give Burke a deal he wants by midnight tonight.
- Kevin Bieksa front, it is rumoured that Sharks offered Derek Joslin and a 1st for Kevin Bieksa. No deal in place yet.
- Willie Mitchell has a 2-year deal offered to him by the Kings, but the BC native is waiting for Canucks to free up space and sign for a discount.
- Peter Forsberg said in an interview he can't skate with balance, and it looks like he will hang it up and stop playing hockey all together. He will take a one week break to see if things improve.
- Look for teams to pursue Kevin Bieksa more after Kaberle deadline.
- Leafs looking to add, so if Kaberle stays, they could trade another D. They have an excess of them
- Bruins would like to trade Savard, but NHL reviewing the contract, so expect nothing for the near future.
- Chris Pronger to miss training camp and perhaps start of season to recover from off-season right knee operation
Thank you for reading.
Follow Joseph on Twitter.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!