NHL Breeze: Aug.10, 2010, Evening Edition
- Tomas Kaberle T-4. 4 days until the Contract terms for his no-trade clause kicks back in on Aug.15. Brian Burke will try and do something or nothing at all in these 5 days. More than 10 teams showing interest. Columbus Blue Jackets expected to drop out of the bidding war.
- Ilya Kovalchuk will continue to talk to teams about a new contract for the coming season. Devils reportedly began the renegotiation already. Look for teams like Los Angeles Kings and the KHL to show their interest again. Wonder what would happen if Kovalchuk signs elsewhere…
- Willie Mitchell has money offers from the Capitals and Sharks. However, Mitchell will meet with the Canucks one more time. You can tell Willie wants to return to the Canucks, and I know that Canucks would love to have him back as well. Why wouldn’t they?
- Toronto Maple Leafs could be interested in bought out winger Tim Kennedy
- Pittsburgh Penguins 6th D should be announced at training camp. Ben Lovejoy is the guy the organization believes is ready to make the jump full-time. Penguins D very young. Letang, Goligoski, Lovejoy.
- If Mitchell is coming to Vancouver, Kevin Bieksa is on the move. Look for that to happen despite Sami Salo’s long-term injury. Anaheim, Columbus and probably San Jose would be interested if they can’t come up with Mitchell.
- NHL is reviewing Roberto Luongo’s front-end loaded 12-year contract with the Canucks. Also, Bruins confirmed that the league is looking into Marc Savard’s deal as well. A little bit too late, Bettman? Marian Hossa, and Chris Pronger contracts are also being reviewed.
- Lee Stempniak and Phoenix Coyotes remain in negotiation, because Coyotes want Lee back. Dollar figure still unknown, but Lee’s agent last spoke to Phoenix Friday, and met today.
Thank you for reading.
Follow Joseph on Twitter.