New York Islanders: RFA Deadline, Who Replaces the UFA and More
New York Islander Fan Central Has the following blog updates for June 25:
* A blog on the restricted free agents the club needs to qualify throughout the organization.
* An update on the poll grading the draft with some results that are surprising, given the reaction on Friday.
* Another live interactive blog for July 1 is under consideration asking input on the best time, leaning toward 7 p.m. as the choice after we have some signings around the league.
* A few words regarding trade rumors and what our policy is regarding information posted on the blog regarding trades.
* A full blog asking how the Isles replace the numbers from Satan, Fedotenko and Josef Vasicek and speculation on who will be given the opportunity.
* A summary of the news articles surrounding the Islanders and a few league items with blog commentary.
* Some news articles that include the following:
Minnesota Daily: Brian Deutsch writes how Islander prospect Aaron Ness will fit on the Gophers this fall is one of the biggest mysteries in college hockey right now, along with the writer including Ness did not have much to say, nor was he happy about not being drafted in the first round Saturday.
Sarnia Observer: Dave Borody reports Jon Sim, former Islander Alan Letang, Justin DiBenedetto, Matt Martin, Sound Tigers Jamie Fraser will participate in the annual Sarnia Sting Golf Tournament for Sunshine, presented by Bell and Labatt, July 24 at Huron Oaks Golf Club.
NY Times: Michael Brick had former Islander Brent Hughes comments about the Austin Ice Bats club he coached twice ceasing operations, along with the promotion's "guaranteed fight night" for its fans.
Toronto Sun: Lance Hornsby reports the Isles could have interest in waived forward Kyle Wellwood and that Andrew Raycoft and Scott Clemmenson were also placed on waivers along with Darcy Tucker being bought out of the final three years of his contract by Toronto as of Wednesday.
Sportsnet.ca: Chris Nichols does a fantasy breakdown of the top picks in the NHL with a profile of Islanders selection Josh Bailey.
Los Angeles: Eric Stephens reports that Ducks owner Henry Samueli was suspended indefinitely by the NHL for his role in an alleged stock option scheme. He will remain an owner, and it will be business as usual for the most part but they won't be involved with the team until an Aug. 18 hearing.
Nashville Tennessean: Brad Schrade has more on Predators investor William Del Biaggio entering bankruptcy court as he lists his share in the Predators as his top asset. He owes creditors $88.4 million but that the Nashville-based investors that makes up the other owners, led by former medical waste company owner David Freeman say this will not effect operations.
Ct Post: Michael Fornabaio, in his blog, is already hoping to get some RFA answers for the deadline, which is today.
Espn.com: Scott Burnside has the new Lightning owners along with new coach Barry Melrose and adds if the NHL had more owners like that, and fewer under investigation, the league would be a much more happening place.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?