Here is today’s skinny;
- New York Jets owner has died" target="_blank">Socialite Casey Johnson, daughter of NY Jets owner found dead —Casey Johnson, the socialite daughter of New York Jets owner Woody Johnson and heiress to the Johnson & Johnson business empire has died, a spokesman for the family and police said Monday. She was 30.
- Patriots press on after Welker’s knee injury" target="_blank">Patriots press on after Welker’s knee injury —Wes Welker covered his head with a towel as he was carted off the field with his pants leg pulled above his left knee. It was the last look at the star receiver in a Patriots uniform for this season.
- Jets fans bid Giants Stadium a final farewell —It’s a night of saying goodbye to Giants Stadium Sunday night. The legendary home of the two New York football teams saw its last game Sunday, when the Jets hosted the Cincinnati Bengals with their playoff hopes at stake.
- Concern Over David Harris —Could ILB David Harris be out for the Jets this Saturday? Harris, who sprained his right ankle in the second quarter and was replaced by Ryan Fowler, during the Jets 37-0 victory over the Bengals, likely won’t be on the practice field today with the rest of the team.
- Quiet ‘Black Monday’ Around The League —With only Washington and Buffalo making moves on the coaching front, Black Monday in the NFL passed far quieter than anticipated, and certainly was less eventful than last year’s day-after-the-season-ends blood-letting.