New York Islander Fan Central Had the following updates for 6/18:
* An rare article from the New York Post with actual words and paragraphs where Garth Snow apparently had no problem talking about Alexei Yashin and how part of his job is to speak to agents but wished Yashin luck along with comments that Bill Guerin would be back and what the club may do at the upcoming draft.
* Alex Pieterangelo article on him visiting Long Island in the draft process with his comments.
* Nikita Filatov article out of Columbus with the prospects comments he wants to play in North America next season with writer speculation he will be there for the Islanders to select with the fifth pick in Friday's draft.
* A few words on the debut of the new Islanders Illustrated but that there is a long way to go before Cablevision gives all local teams equal programming.
* A feature out of Ottawa on prospect Zach Bogosian with his comments.
* Sound Tigers feature on Pascal Morcency and his recovery from injury linked to a local paper and a draft update on the clubs website via hockey news.
* Some NHL notables and quick hits which include former Islander Glenn Healy and Butch Goring going into the Hall of Fame now that Glenn Anderson has been elected.
Early 6/19 articles:
* Newsday's Greg Logan had an article with Garth Snow's comments as he left the Board of Governors meetings and headed to Ottawa about possible trades and what the general manager could look to do at the draft with some speculation.
* A Quebec paper reports reports Derek Famulare a six-foot-two, 195-pound 18-year-old left-wing power forward for the Val D’Or Foreurs, ranked as the 14th best skater from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League received a letter from the New York Islanders, who sent him a battery of tests and questionnaires among several interested clubs as the prospect thinks he could be selected in the sixth or seventh round.