The entire future of the Wolves rides on this upcoming draft and free agency period.
The Wolves can have anywhere from $12-20 million in cap room this upcoming year.
With the Charlotte Bobcats playing well, there's a definite possibility that the Wolves will have three draft picks coming up.
With that being said, I'd like to just predict some moves that David Kahn will make. So, this can give Wolves fans' a sort of perspective as to how the Wolves will turn out in a few months.
This is merely for fun, reaction, excitement, and debate.
If I'm the GM, this is what I have at my disposal:
- $15 million in cap room
- Ramon Sessions as trade bait
- Ricky Rubio's rights
- Draft picks between second and fourth, 10th-14th, and 18th-22nd (all depending on how teams' records pan out).
This Is How I Would Do It
Trade Ramon Sessions somewhere (help me on this).
Draft Cole Aldrich, 6'11'' center from Kansas with tremendous shot-blocking ability who also happens to be a hometown hero.
Draft Evan Turner, an all-around shooting guard from Ohio State with tremendous skills in every aspect of basketball.
Sign free-agent Rudy Gay from Memphis.
Sign free-agent Travis Outlaw from Portland.
Draft Sherron Collins out of Kansas, which both helps to build chemistry with Cole Aldrich and gives Johnny Flynn a backup at point guard.
Then your roster looks like this:
- PG- Jonny Flynn/ Sherron Collins/ Jason Hart
- SG- Evan Turner/ Corey Brewer/ Wayne Ellington
- SF- Rudy Gay/ Travis Outlaw/ Ryan Gomes
- PF- Al Jefferson/ Kevin Love/
- C- Cole Aldrich/ Ryan Hollins
Now your roster looks pretty damn good.
What say you, Wolves fans? How would you handle it?
Thanks for reading!