Jeff Vinnick/Getty Images
25. Calgary Flames (Last Week: 23). An impressive run of four consecutive wins came to an end this week, with a hard-working Calgary team dropping its final two contests (and allowing a combined 10 goals in them).
24. Vancouver Canucks (Last Week: 22). The Canucks lost in Edmonton on the second to the last night of the season, during which time the Oilers bade farewell to Ryan Smyth in an emotional night for that team. Vancouver bounced back on Sunday, closing out a disappointing campaign with a win over Calgary on a night where Pat Quinn was honoured.
23. New York Islanders (Last Week: 24). Three wins in the Islanders' final three contests put a final positive spin on the season (even if two of them came in the shootout) but with New York so far out of it the only real impact is on draft position (and that impact was negative).
22. Winnipeg Jets (Last Week: 25). The Jets are up this week after closing out the season with wins over Boston and Calgary, halting an ugly slide. After a resurgence under new head coach Paul Maurice (who is still looking for a contract for next season), the team posted just four regulation wins in its final 20 games.
21. Phoenix Coyotes (Last Week: 16). Phoenix did end up winning a game in April, but it was only once it no longer mattered. A 0-4-3 run in the seven games preceding Sunday's meaningless victory over Dallas handed the final playoff berth in the West to the Stars.