We wanted to interview the next great quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles. We don’t know who that is, so we’ll talk to Kevin Kolb instead.
1. You were likely one of the few people who knew that the Eagles were going to select you in the 2007 draft. What was the feeling like being drafted into such a great franchise?
2. It seems as if you were selected to eventually replace Donovan McNabb at quarterback. What was your first conversation with him like?
3. You were a four-year starter at the University of Houston. Your numbers were amazing, especially during your senior year. You finished your career as the fifth-leading passer in NCAA history. How do you answer critics who say you were the product of a pass happy system?
4. You are supremely confident in your abilities. How frustrating is it to have to sit behind Donovan McNabb?
5. Let’s go back to the Baltimore game last year. How surprised were you to get the call to start the second half?
6. The drive to the end zone was great, until the last play. There are those who say that the interception was Reggie Brown’s fault for not running the route properly. Ed Reed said that he knew the play from film study and baited you. What was going through your mind after the ball left your hand? Did you ever even consider converting to a run there?
7. Let’s play what if. What if Reed does not pick that ball off and take it an NFL record 108 yards to the house, but instead, you score there? Do you win the game? If so, do you start the next week against Arizona? Would that have been the start of the Kevin Kolb era in Philadelphia?
8. How many years do you think Donovan McNabb has left? Do you still believe, barring an injury, that you will be the heir to his throne?
9. There are those who want you to be the starter now. There are others who hope you never take a meaningful snap in an Eagles uniform. What do you say to each of those groups?
10. This city is starving for a Super Bowl. This writer is on record as saying that you will win, labeling it a STONE COLD LEAD PIPE LOCK(insert trademark). Is this the year Philly finally gets one?
Thanks for your time, Kevin.