2009 NFL Mock Draft First Round
Here's how I think Saturday's first round will go:
1) Detroit - Matt Stafford QB, Georgia
Detroit has a lot to do, starting with a quarterback.
2) St. Louis - Jason Smith OT, Baylor
St. Louis has one of the worst lines in the league. I think Smith will help a lot.
3) Kansas City - Aaron Curry LB, Wake Forest
He will help KC's front seven along with Johnson, Thomas, and Vrabel.
4) Seattle - Eugene Monroe OT, Virginia
With the T.J signing, they can focus on their offensive line in the draft.
5) Cleveland - Brian Orapko DE/OLB, Texas
Browns don't have much in their front seven. Orapko could help at DE or LB.
6) Cincinnati - Michael Crabtree WR, Texas Tech
With T.J gone and maybe Ocho Cinco too, Bengals need all they can get at WR.
7) Oakland - Andre Smith OT, Alabama
Oakland brought in Jeff Garcia. Now they need to make sure they protect him.
8) Jacksonville - Mark Sanchez QB, USC
Jacksonville needs someone to throw to Holt. Sanchez has killer accuracy. He'll fit good into the Jaguars program.
9) Green Bay - B.J Raji DT, Boston College
Raji is the best defensive tackle in the draft and GB needs a DT.
10) San Francisco - Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss
Oher is a good run stopper. Gore will shine even more with Oher blocking for him.
11) Buffalo - Aaron Maybin DE, Penn State
Buffalo needs a pass rusher and Maybin is exactly what they need.
12) Denver - Tyson Jackson DE, LSU
He will work good in a 3-4 defense.
13) Washington - Everette Brown DE/OLB, Florida State
He'll be needed in Washington after the release of Jason Taylor.
14) New Orleans - Malcolm Jenkins CB, Ohio State
Jenkins can play corner and safety. New Orleans need help at both.
15) Houston - Robert Ayers DE, Tennessee
Ayers would fit in good with Mario Williams and Amobi Akoye. Teams would fear Houston's defensive line.
16) San Diego - Rey Maualuga LB, USC
Maualuga is a good linebacker. San Diego will be take him if he drops that far. He is an all -star linebacker.
17) New York Jets - Josh Freeman QB, Kansas State
Josh Freeman is gonna be an elite quarterback in the league. He'll eventually be a franchise quarterback for whoever drafts him
18) Denver - Brian Cushing OLB, USC
With the Dawkins signing, Denver doesn't have to address their secondary in the first round, so I think they will take care of their linebacker needs with Cushing.
19) Tampa Bay - Peria Jerry DT, Missouri
With Green Bay taking Raji, Jerry is the next best DT on the board. Tampa needs help with their defensive line.
20) Detroit - Eben Britton OT, Arizona
They already picked Stafford, now they need someone to protect the first overall pick.
21) Philadelphia - Knowshon Moreno RB, Georgia
Eagles need a good backup to take pressure off of Westbrook. Moreno is perfect for the Eagles offense.
22) Minnesota - Darrius Heyward-Bay WR, Maryland
With Harvin testing positive on drug tests, his stock will drop. Heyward-Bay is a good receiver to drop this far in the draft.
23) New England - Vontae Davis CB, Illinois
With Samuels leaving for Philly last year, new England hasn't had much at corner. Davis would help at corner a lot in New England.
24) Atlanta - Brandon Pettigrew TE, Oklahoma State
Atlanta needs a TE after Alge Crumpler left a few years ago. A good TE will help Matt Ryan.
25) Miami - Hakeem Nicks WR, North Carolina
Nicks would compliment Ginn at wide receiver. It would give Pennington extra relief.
26) Baltimore - James Laurinaitis LB, Ohio State
With Bart Scott moving to New York along with Rex Ryan, and Ray Lewis getting old, the Ravens need a linebacker. Putting Laurinaitis under Ray Lewis's wing will help him evolve into a great linebacker.
27) Indianapolis - Evander "Ziggy" Hood DT, Missouri
Indy had one of the worst run defenses last year. Hood would help stop the run in a division where you need a good run defense.
28) Buffalo - Larry English DE, Northern Illinois
He set his school record for most sacks in a career ( 31.5). He would help Buffalo keep Brady under control.
29) New York Giants - Kenny Britt WR, Rutgers
The Giants need a wide receiver after the release of Plaxico Burress. i don't think they're going to get Edwards or Boldin because they don't want to give up too much. Kenny Britt is the physical guy they need to replace Burress.
30) Tennessee - Darius Butler CB, UCONN
Tennessee's secondary needs help. Butler will help Tennessee a lot. Butler is one of the best corners in the draft.
31) Arizona - Chris "Beanie" Wells RB, Ohio State
Arizona has a killer passing attack. With a good running game, they'd have one of the best offenses in the game. Wells id the guy they need at running back.
32) Pittsburgh - William Beaty OT, UCONN
Pittsburgh doesn't really need much, but I think Beaty will help their line.
Well, that's my 2009 NFL Mock Draft.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?