NBA Draft Lottery Results 2012: Updated List of Top 14 Picks and More
The New Orleans Hornets have won the 2012 NBA lottery and presumably the rights to draft Kentucky star Anthony Davis.
The lottery went without any surprise until pick No. 4. The Cleveland Cavaliers were announced in the fourth slot, which meant that the New Orleans Hornets were the only team lucky enough to jump into the Top Three.
This is a big win for the Hornets, as they embark on a new era with new ownership. This is the second time the franchise has had the No. 1 overall selection. They chose Larry Johnson first overall in 1991.
1. New Orleans Hornets
2. Charlotte Bobcats
3. Washington Wizards
Should Anthony Davis be the No. 1 selection?
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Sacramento Kings
6. Portland Trail Blazers (via Brooklyn Nets)
7. Golden State Warriors
8. Toronto Raptors
9. Detroit Pistons
10. New Orleans Hornets (via Minnesota Timberwolves)
11. Portland Trail Blazers
12. Milwaukee Bucks
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Houston Rockets
15. Philadelphia 76ers
16. Houston Rockets (via New York Knicks)
17. Dallas Mavericks
18. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Utah Jazz)
19. Orlando Magic
20. Denver Nuggets
21. Boston Celtics
22. Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers)
23. Atlanta Hawks
24. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Los Angeles Lakers)
25. Memphis Grizzlies
26. Indiana Pacers
27. Miami Heat
28. Oklahoma City Thunder
29. Chicago Bulls
30. Golden State Warriors (via San Antonio Spurs)
31. Charlotte Bobcats
32. Washington Wizards
33. Cleveland Cavaliers
34. Cleveland Cavaliers (via New Orleans Hornets)
35. Golden State Warriors (via Brooklyn Nets)
36. Sacramento Kings
37. Toronto Raptors
38. Denver Nuggets (via New York Knicks)
39. Detroit Pistons
40. Portland Trail Blazers (via Houston Rockets)
41. Portland Trail Blazers
42. Milwaukee Bucks
43. Atlanta Hawks (via Phoenix Suns)
44. Detroit Pistons (via Houston Rockets)
45. Philadelphia 76ers
46. Washington Wizards (via Dallas Mavericks)
47. Utah Jazz
48. New York Knicks
49. Orlando Magic
50. Denver Nuggets
51. Boston Celtics
52. Golden State Warriors (via New Jersey Nets)
53. Los Angeles Clippers
54. Philadelphia 76ers (via Memphis Grizzlies)
55. Dallas Mavericks (via Los Angeles Lakers)
56. Toronto Raptors
57. New Jersey Nets (via Miami Heat)
58. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Oklahoma City Thunder)
59. San Antonio Spurs
60. Los Angeles Lakers (via Chicago Bulls)
Three Teams That Must Make Smart Lottery Picks
Charlotte Bobcats, Pick No. 2
The Bobcats have to find something to build on because this is a franchise on the verge of becoming a dynasty—and I mean a dynasty of suck.
They are coming off of a season where they set the NBA record for worst winning percentage in league history, and they have little reason to hope things will turn around.
The Bobcats are bound by some bad contracts, and they don't have a solid core of young players to be excited about.
Charlotte should be able to change that here and pair another young stud with last year's first-round selection, Kemba Walker.
New Orleans Hornets, Picks No. 1 and 10
A big part of the Hornets' plan to reshape their roster when they traded Chris Paul was to do so with draft picks. That starts with these two lottery selections.
This is a huge pick for the franchise, as it embarks on a new era and looks to entrench itself in New Orleans.
This team has a nice, young piece in shooting guard Eric Gordon, but it is in danger of losing him since he is a restricted free agent.
The Hornets have to land a cornerstone to their team in this draft.
Sacramento Kings, Pick No. 5
The Kings are in a terrible position right now. The future home of this team is very much up in the air, with the latest arena deal in Sacramento falling dead, and it's not like this is an extremely attractive franchise as they are currently constructed.
However, they do have some considerable young talent with DeMarcus Cousins and Isaiah Thomas. Throw in another excellent player from this lottery, and the Kings have a solid foundation.
That will give this franchise a solid base, as it will likely begin a new era in a new town shortly.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?