NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

UFC News: Carlos Condit Wants Diaz, Daley or Shields, Not Dan Hardy

Sal DeRoseMar 26, 2011

The UFC and Strikeforce haven't merged yet, and already, top UFC welterweight, Carlos Condit (26-5), has a few potential matches he would like to take part in.

Condit is calling out for a match between him and Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz (24-7) and UFC outcast, Paul Daley (27-9-2).

Condit would also like to avenge his loss to now top UFC welterweight title contender, Jake Shields (26-4-1). Condit lost to Shields at Rumble on the Rock 9 in their welterweight tournament final by unanimous decision. Condit and Shields had fought previously that day.

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football

"I'm looking to hopefully fight Jake Shields to get that loss back," Condit said at a Friday Q&A session for UFC Fight Night 24. "Now with the Strikeforce merger, possibly Nick Diaz."

The one opponent who Condit is calling for, Daley, has been exiled by the UFC after throwing a late punch at Josh Koscheck at UFC 113. It is yet to be seen what UFC president Dana White would do if Strikeforce and the UFC were to merge.

"I was supposed to fight Paul Daley a while back. I got staph infection in my hand and had to pull out of the fight. There's some unfinished business there. I like that fight." said Condit.

Condit's next opponent is unknown. Condit was suppose to fight against Chris Lytle at UFC 127 but had to pull out due to a knee injury. Condit had dislocated his knee and did not require surgery.

"I'm still waiting to hear [who I'll fight next]," Condit said. "I think there's some good welterweight fights coming up. When those happen, it will clear up the picture a little bit, and I might have a better idea."

While Condit may be calling out Daley, Diaz and Shields, Dan Hardy (23-8, 1 No Contest) is calling out Condit.

"The thing that I don't like about losing the fight, about getting knocked out, is that my opponent thinks he's better than me. I know that's not the case. I know Carlos Condit's not better than me. I'm annoyed that now he thinks that. I gave him that impression by not giving him the respect in that fight. I can't retire until I've knocked him out," Hardy said at the UFC Fight Night media day.

Condit seems to disagree with Hardy, and he doesn't have the urge to go back and fight Hardy.

"Honestly, I think he dislikes me more than I dislike him, for obvious reasons," Condit said. "I stood in the cage with that guy, and I'm just telling you, he had nothing—that night, anyway."

Condit knocked out Hardy at UFC 120.

Condit's ideal matchups with Daley and Diaz probably won't happen until the UFC does merge with Strikeforce. As of right now, those two fights are just more examples of the possible fights the UFC would be able to hold if they were to merge soon.

Shields faces off against current UFC welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre at UFC 129. If Shields loses, he could face off against Condit.

Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R