Jacoby Ford is an Oakland Raider who has started his career with a blast of talent and commensurate performance. Potential is getting converted to kinetic energy for Ford.
Let's compare this young player with a couple of senior players who are legends in the NFL.
Here is a table:
|Comparison of First Year Only with Oakland Raiders/Partial Data|
|Jacoby Ford||Tim Brown||Warren Wells|
|7||7||6||td||Ford and Brown tie and dominate|
|42||42||36||pts||Ford and Brown tie and dominate|
1. Jacoby Ford has the greatest yards/reception when compared to Tim Brown. Ford has a strong start in his NFL career with 18.8.
2. Tim Brown has the greatest receptions per game average.
3. Brown has the greatest yards per game average. It is 45.3.
4. Ford has more yards the first year of his career. He is starting strong.
5. The total number of points that Jacoby Ford made during his first year with the Oakland Raiders is equal to the total number of points Tim Brown made during the first year of his career with the Raiders.
6. Wells has the greatest yards per reception average. It was 23.2 during his very first year with the Oakland Raiders. Ford's average was 18.8 and Brown's was 16.9.
If Jacoby Ford maintains his level of performance he just may, too, be headed for a Hall of Fame nomination somewhat like Brown.
Go young Raiders! Chase toward greatness!
Remember that these self-studies let you know the standards and criteria of excellent performance that the Raider Nation expects you to exceed.
Finally, Ford showed us in 2010 that he certainly has the potential to out-performed some of the great senior players. It is a natural expectation for the younger generation to exceed the accomplishments of their forefathers.
Go young Oakland Raiders! Jacoby Ford is but one example of the pool of talent to be coached by Hue Jackson in 2011.
The future is looking brighter!