Curtis Granderson hit another 10th inning home run, and Mariano Rivera escaped a bases loaded nobody-out jam, as the Yankees won 6-5 in 10 innings last night. You can read about it here.
Here are some notes:
- Both Boston and Tampa Bay lost last night, so the Yankees increased their first-place lead to 2.5 games.
- Rivera allowed a 10th inning hit to Stephen Drew. He kept 24 consecutive batters off the bases before that, a career high.
- In Mo’s last 12 appearances, he’s allowed three hits, three walks, and has a 0.00 ERA.
- C-Grand also won a game on April 7 against Boston with a 10th inning home run.
- Up next is Joe Torre , Don Mattingly , and the Dodgers.
- Torre expects the upcoming games to be “weird” for him.
- Alex Rodriguez , who did not get along with Torre, refused to answer questions about facing his former skipper.
The Yankees have an off-day today and then they go to Hollywood with CC Sabathia on the mound to start it off. To me, the key to that series is AJ Burnett. He’s been very bad lately. If he can turn himself around, the Yankees should take that series.
- June 24, 2010 -- No Gonzo, No ProbleMo: Mariano and the Yankees Hold Off Late Threat Avoid Near 2001 Meltdown (0)
- February 28, 2010 -- 10 Problems the 2010 Yankees Could Face (2)
- June 21, 2010 -- Updated AL All-Star Ballot: Jeter and Cano Still Ahead (0)
- May 19, 2010 -- The Yankees Long List of Injuries, Updated (2)