Before the combine, all every one was talking about were the two All-American defensive tackles and their chances to be the first two pick in the draft.
A few weeks later, the focus is back on the quarterback.
Few people thought that Sam Bradford would be atop most draft boards before the combine, but he has raised up to the top spot in most mock drafts despite not throwing at the combine.
Why is he raising without throwing? Simple, he's a quarterback.
Throughout the history of the NFL, quarterbacks are top prize in the draft. Although there is more talent on the defensive side of the ball, thing aren't going to change, and you'll see that in my most recent mock draft:
1. Saint Louis Rams - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4. Washington Redskins - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
6. Seattle Seahawks - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
7. Cleveland Browns - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
8. Oakland Raiders - Bruce Campell, OT, Maryland
9. Buffalo Bills - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
12. Miami Dolphins - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
13. San Francisco 49ers - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver for 2nd round pick in 2009) - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
15. New York Giants - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
16. San Francisco 49ers - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
17. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
19. Atlanta Falcons - Everson Griffen, DE, USC
20. Houston Texans - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
21. Cinncinati Bengals - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22. New England Patriots - Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
23. Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown, OT, USC
24. Philedelphia Eagles - Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
25. Baltimore Ravens - Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Missouri
26. Arizona Cardinals - Navorro Bowman, ILB, Penn State
27. Dallas Cowboys - Taylor Mays, S, USC
28. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
29. New York Jets - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
30. Minnesota Vikings - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
31. Indianapolis Colts - Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
32. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
Surprise, surprise, the quarterback goes number one. Things never change in the draft. I'm a big guy who played in the trenches and it pains me but the pretty boy quarterback will always reign over all.
Disagree? Leave a comment. I'm open to suggestions for my mock draft 4.0.