Health concerns certainly throws the rankings into a spin. Will DeSean Jackson play? What do you do with Calvin Johnson? Let’s take a look at these questions and all the rest of the Week 13 rankings:
- Reggie Wayne - Indianapolis Colts - vs. Tennessee
- Andre Johnson - Houston Texans - at Jacksonville
- Randy Moss - New England Patriots - at Miami
- Vincent Jackson - San Diego Chargers - at Cleveland
- Brandon Marshall - Denver Broncos - at Kansas City
- Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals - vs. Minnesota
- Chad Ochocinco - Cincinnati Bengals - vs. Detroit
- Wes Welker - New England Patriots - at Miami
- Sidney Rice - Minnesota Vikings - at Arizona
- Miles Austin - Dallas Cowboys - at New York Giants
- DeSean Jackson - Philadelphia Eagles - at Atlanta
- Mike Sims-Walker - Jacksonville Jaguars - vs. Houston
- Roddy White - Atlanta Falcons - vs. Philadelphia
- Greg Jennings - Green Bay Packers - vs. Baltimore
- Hines Ward - Pittsburgh Steelers - vs. Oakland
- Derrick Mason - Baltimore Ravens - at Green Bay
- Michael Crabtree - San Francisco 49ers - at Seattle
- Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - vs. Tampa Bay
- Anquan Boldin - Arizona Cardinals - vs. Minnesota
- Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions - at Cincinnati
- Donald Driver - Green Bay Packers - vs. Baltimore
- Steve Smith - New York Giants - vs. Dallas
- Pierre Garcon - Indianapolis Colts - vs. Tennessee
- Marques Colston - New Orleans Saints - at Washington
- Terrell Owens - Buffalo Bills - vs. New York Jets
- Santonio Holmes - Pittsburgh Steelers - vs. Oakland
- Jeremy Maclin - Philadelphia Eagles - at Atlanta
- Nate Burleson - Seattle Seahawks - vs. San Francisco
- Devin Hester - Chicago Bears - vs. St. Louis
- Roy Williams - Dallas Cowboys - at New York Giants
- Mario Manningham - New York Giants - vs. Dallas
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Seattle Seahawks - vs. San Francisco
- Percy Harvin - Minnesota Vikings - at Arizona
- Jerricho Cotchery - New York Jets - at Buffalo
- Chris Chambers - Kansas City Chiefs - vs. Denver
- Laveranues Coles - Cincinnati Bengals - vs. Detroit
- Mohamed Massaquoi - Cleveland Browns - vs. San Diego
- Santana Moss - Washington Redskins - vs. New Orleans
- Eddie Royal - Denver Broncos - at Kansas City
- Kenny Britt - Tennessee Titans - at Indianapolis
Entering the season would anyone have expected DeSean Jackson to be ranked the No. Three wide receiver in any week, ahead of both Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss? When you get Atlanta’s poor passing defense, that’s what happens, at least in my original draft of these rankings. His Week 12 concussion drops him outside the Top 10 and you have to watch the news extremely closely, as it’s possible he doesn’t play in Week 13.
Sidney Rice has quickly emerged as the go-to receiver for Brett Favre and the Vikings offense. Getting to face the Cardinals, who are going to try and turn the game into a shootout, only makes him appear that much more appealing.
Like Drew Brees, going against the Redskins defense drags Marques Colston down a few notches, as does the number of weapons the Saints offense has. It’s just tough to depend on him in any given week.
Brandon Marshall proved on Thanksgiving that it doesn’t matter who is defending him, the guy is just a monster. The fact that he is facing the Chiefs is all the better.
If Calvin Johnson was healthy, he’d be ranked significantly higher. Check the news all week, but on Thanksgiving you could tell that the knee injury was certainly limiting him.
Roy Williams has been coming around of late, with touchdowns in three of his last four games. Granted, two of those games saw him pick up less than 20 yards receiving, but then again he’s facing a Giants defense that has watch opponents march down the field through the air of late. He seems like a solid play for a change.
What are your thoughts? Who was left off the list? Who should be higher? Who should be lower?
This article is also featured on www.rotoprofessor.com/football