For the first time since the legendary Battle for Chocolate Milk, football is coming back to Nickelodeon.
No further announcements were made on the contents of the broadcast. The NFL will move to seven teams in each conference making the postseason beginning with the 2020 season. There will be three Wild Card games Saturday, Jan. 9 and another three Sunday, Jan. 10.
Since we have no further details regarding the Nickelodeon broadcast, here are a few ideas from a millennial who hasn't watched the channel in nearly two decades:
- Arnold and his football head must be involved
- Show highlights from other classic Nickelodeon football moments
- Another repeat of The Bubble Bowl, please
- Winning coach gets a Gatorade bath, losing coach gets slimed
- Bring back Doug. This isn't so much a football suggestion, but, like, just do it.
Here is to hoping that the NFL and Nickelodeon take note and we get to hear "Bangin on a Trashcan" at halftime.