NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals
Floyd Mayweather Jr., left, and Conor McGregor pose during a news conference after a super welterweight boxing match Sunday, Aug. 27, 2017, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)
Floyd Mayweather Jr., left, and Conor McGregor pose during a news conference after a super welterweight boxing match Sunday, Aug. 27, 2017, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)Isaac Brekken/Associated Press

Floyd Mayweather Said He'll Only Return to Fighting If It's in UFC

Kyle NewportApr 7, 2018

After improving to 50-0 with a victory over Conor McGregor last year, Floyd Mayweather Jr. decided to retire—from boxing.

But the 41-year-old may not be done fighting.

On Saturday night, the boxing legend announced on Showtime that the only way he will come out of retirement is by stepping into the Octagon:

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football

After McGregor made the switch from UFC to boxing for last August's bout, everyone has been wondering if Mayweather would return the favor by stepping into the Octagon. It appears that is a very real possibility.

In fact, as he continued to talk, Mayweather said, "When I do go to the Octagon," hinting that something could be in the works:

But of course, it always comes back to the paycheck for the man they call Money. Before his fight against McGregor last year, Mayweather threw out a figure of $300 million as a payout. He would not divulge the amount it would take to get him into the Octagon during Saturday's interview.

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R