
Chelsea Reportedly Planning Move for Arsenal Striker Olivier Giroud
Chelsea are planning a move for Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, as their search for a new forward continues, according to Darren Lewis at the Mirror.
The Blues have been linked with a host of strikers in January, including Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Ashley Barnes and Edin Dzeko, and they are said to be in "advanced talks" with the AS Roma man.
However, Chelsea will look to 31-year-old Giroud if Dzeko does not arrive. The France international had been rumoured to be heading to Borussia Dortmund as part of a move to bring Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Arsenal, but the two clubs have been unable to agree a deal.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Giroud will not be joining Dortmund in January, according to Sky Sports:
The Frenchman has been primarily used as a substitute this season, but he has still managed seven goals and proved to be an effective option off the bench.
Giroud has been out with a hamstring injury since December, and manager Arsene Wenger has said he is still "a fraction short" of full fitness, per the official Arsenal website.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte appears to be looking for a target man, and the former Montpellier man is an experienced option and a proven Premier League goalscorer. WhoScored.com highlighted just how good he is in the air:
However, Giroud may need some convincing to make the switch to Stamford Bridge, according to reporter Gianluca Di Marzio (h/t Get French Football News):
Having already lost Alexis Sanchez to Premier League rivals Manchester United, it's unlikely Arsenal will allow Giroud to join Chelsea. The Gunners also seemingly want to bring in another forward option, and with time running out in the transfer window, that will surely be their priority.
Meanwhile, Chelsea's winter transfer strategy has appeared confused at best, and Conte has said he does not have much of an impact on the club's decisions, according to Vaishali Bhardwaj at the Evening Standard:
According to the Guardian's Fabrizio Romano and Dominic Fifield, Chelsea have agreed a £44 million double deal for Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri. However, the Bosnia and Herzegovina international needs convincing he would receive enough game time at the club.
Dzeko appears Chelsea's most likely option, although he will be ineligible to play in the UEFA Champions League given he has already featured in the competition for Roma this season. The striker is a regular at the Stadio Olimpico but will face competition from Alvaro Morata for a regular place at Stamford Bridge.
Convincing the former Manchester City man to move to west London may not be an easy job, and it's far from certain he will return to the Premier League. Chelsea are in poor form; they were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Arsenal on Wednesday and have won just once in 90 minutes in 2018.



.jpg)







