Mauro Ranallo and the WWE reached an agreement for the energetic play-by-play broadcaster to join the company's NXT television crew. He previously worked on SmackDown.
Ranallo announced the new deal on his Instagram page Thursday.
"WWE and I mutually agreed to end my responsibilities on SmackDown having nothing to do with rumors about disputes," he wrote. "As I remained under contract with WWE, we discussed a variety of options. Despite originally agreeing to part ways, there was always a desire to continue working together. We have come to terms on a new agreement that benefits both WWE and me, and I am thrilled to announce I will now be part of the NXT broadcasting team."
In April, Tufayel Ahmed of Newsweek confirmed the 47-year-old Canadian announcer and the WWE had "mutually agreed" to part ways after his extended hiatus from the Tuesday night program.
Although speculation pointed toward potential problems with broadcaster John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Ranallo downplayed those rumors and JBL released a statement to Newsweek about the situation.
"Admittedly, I took part in locker room pranks that existed within the industry years ago," Layfield said. "WWE addressed my behavior and I responded accordingly, yet my past is being brought up because of recent unfounded rumors. I apologize if anything I said playing 'the bad guy' on a TV show was misconstrued."
Ranallo, who also does work with Showtime Boxing and Bellator MMA, is known for his high-octane announcing style. He also called the action during the company's inaugural Cruiserweight Classic on the WWE Network last year.
Ranallo confirmed he's set to make his debut at Friday night's tapings.