
Kevin Pillar Donating Forfeited Salary for Homophobic Slur to LGBTQ Groups
After yelling an anti-gay slur at Atlanta Braves pitcher Jason Motte on May 17, Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Pillar is set to make a donation to two Toronto-based LGBTQ groups.
Pillar was suspended two games for the incident and is setting aside the salary he forfeited for the donations, according to ESPN.com.
After the incident occurred, Pillar apologized on Twitter:
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
Pillar also commented on his decision to donate, per ESPN.com: "It's not lip service. It's easy to come out and make your apologies and hope people forget, but I meant what I said when I said hopefully I'll be made an example of."
The 28-year-old contributed to both PFLAG and You Can Play, and he is scheduled to undergo sensitivity training with PFLAG.
The May 17 incident between Pillar and Motte occurred when Pillar felt as though he had been quick-pitched. It also led to both dugouts clearing.
Pillar sat out the next two games, and he is now hitting .271 with seven home runs and 13 RBI for the Jays this season.



.jpg)







