Prized recruit Michael Porter Jr. has been granted a release from his national letter of intent by the University of Washington.
A spokesperson confirmed Porter's release to Christian Caple of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Porter's decision to re-open his recruiting comes one week after Washington fired head coach Lorenzo Romar following a 9-22 record in 2016-17. His father, Michael Porter Sr., was hired as an assistant on Romar's staff last year.
During a conference call with reporters on Wednesday, Porter did say Washington remains on his list of potential schools.
"Washington is definitely still on the list, I would just like to weigh all my options and make a decision from there," Porter said, via ESPN's Jeff Borzello. "I just thought I want to be able to start over and look at all these schools and look at the pros and cons of each one."
In an interview with Jason Jordan of USA Today, Porter has narrowed his list of schools down to Washington, Missouri, Virginia and Oklahoma.
Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com reported Porter Sr. will be added to Missouri head coach Cuonzo Martin's coaching staff.
"My dad doesn't know if he will coach next year or if he will coach. ... It is not a for sure thing I follow my dad," Porter told reporters. "It makes sense if he [Porter Sr.] does go to a big school that I do want to play under my dad."
Porter is a 5-star prospect who is the No. 1 ranked small forward recruit in the country and No. 5 player overall, per Scout.com.
With Porter being available to all suitors now, the recruiting effort will intensify until he makes a decision. After everything that happened with Washington, he will use his power and control to make the right choice.