
Anthony Davis, Former 49ers OL, Criticizes 49ers Front Office
Former San Francisco 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis has been hinting at an NFL return since last summer, but the 26-year-old sent a message to his former employer Wednesday indicating he won't be back in the Bay Area this fall.
After sitting out the 2015 season, Davis took to Twitter and told the 49ers they'd be wise to address their depth up front with the first round of the 2016 NFL draft slated to commence Thursday evening:
"The 49ers should Draft an Offensive Tackle in the top 10. #NFLDraft2016
— AD (@BamDavis_) April 27, 2016"
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
In a follow-up, Davis clarified why he has no interest in suiting up for the 49ers when the 2016 season rolls around (warning: NSFW language):
"I do not want to work with a front office or anyone else who seemingly doesn't want to win as bad as I do.
— AD (@BamDavis_) April 27, 2016"
"Would you happily rent your body out to people that bullshit you and constantly try to manipulate you? I hope you'd stand up for yourself.
— AD (@BamDavis_) April 28, 2016"
Davis announced his retirement last June after suffering a concussion during the 2014 season, but he said at the time his absence would only be temporary.
"After a few years of thought, I've decided it will be best for me to take a year or so away from the NFL," Davis said in a statement, according to CBSSports.com's Ryan Wilson. "This will be a time for me to allow my brain and body a chance to heal. I know many won't understand my decision; that's OK."
Citing league sources, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Feb. 26 that David "will apply for reinstatement and wants to play in 2016," but a time frame for the offensive lineman to fill out paperwork remained elusive.
Nearly a month later at the NFL owners' meetings in Boca Raton, Florida, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke expressed optimism that Davis would be able to return after the team overhauled its coaching staff and hired Chip Kelly to lead the charge.
"I do think that it’s something that is going to be addressed," Baalke said, per CSNBayArea.com's Matt Maiocco. "(But) by having a coaching staff that’s new, everyone is starting on a clean slate. And anything that’s a hangover from the previous stuff gets dealt with a little differently."
Since then, The MMQB's Peter King has passed along word from an unnamed NFL front office saying, "They [the 49ers] want to trade [Anthony] Davis."
Considering the 49ers currently have 2015 seventh-round pick Trenton Brown projected as their starting right tackle, they would be wise to heed Davis' advice and target a lineman Thursday evening.
And with the seventh overall pick in the first round, the 49ers could have the luxury of snagging of Notre Dame's Ronnie Stanley, Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil or Michigan State's Jack Conklin depending on the way things shake out ahead of them.

.png)





