
Real Madrid Transfer News: Latest on Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar Rumours
The management agency of Cristiano Ronaldo has denied reports linking the Real Madrid man with a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
France Football (h/t Neil McLeman of the Daily Mirror) reported on Tuesday Ronaldo has met with PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi on five separate occasions and a transfer was discussed at the most recent one.
However, Gestifute, the management agency owned by Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo's agent, rubbished the reports when Goal got in touch with them, per Alberto Pinero and Loic Tanzi. "Cristiano and PSG is a non-story," the company said.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
It’s also noted in the piece that Mendes denied to COPE the meetings occurred.

Earlier in the season Madrid fans may not have been too concerned about Ronaldo leaving the football club, as it seemed as though his influence was beginning to wane slightly. But as these numbers from OptaJoe illustrate, the Portuguese seems to have had a new lease of life in 2016:
Credit for that must go to manager Zinedine Zidane, who has helped bring out the best in Ronaldo in a way in which his predecessor Rafael Benitez was unable to.
The 31-year-old has done it when it really matters for Real. The winning goal against Barcelona in the Clasico has triggered a collapse for Barcelona, subsequently bringing Los Blancos back into the title race. Ronaldo also scored a stunning hat-trick to complete a superb turnaround in the Champions League quarter-finals against Wolfsburg.

As WhoScored.com noted recently, while he may not be involved in general play quite as much these days, he can still be hugely influential:
And herein lies the danger for Real if they were to consider a sale. Ronaldo may be a little beyond his peak and not quite as engrossing to watch, he’s still a game-changer and the best natural goalscorer in the sport. Even if PSG were willing to part with a world-record transfer fee, those attributes would be almost impossible to find elsewhere.
Neymar Going Nowhere

Despite a report from El Chiringuito (h/t Sport) suggesting Real Madrid had rekindled their interest in signing Neymar, he will be going nowhere this summer, according to Barcelona’s vice-president Jordi Mestre.
“Absolutely not,” was his response when asked about a possible sale by Barca TV (h/t Sport). “I’ve said it many times, but it’s something which keeps coming up.” He continued:
"I have said it actively and passively. We are delighted with Neymar and he is not for sale - it’s not even crossed our minds. He’s a player who made an economical effort [there were better offers elsewhere] when he signed, he came because he wanted to play good football, with [Lionel] Messi and company, win titles. He’s having a spectacular season.
Probably the fact that he”s not scored goals recently or things haven’t gone as well [is why rumours have appeared]. It’s pure speculation. It’s never crossed our minds to sell Neymar. We are absolutely satisfied with his performances and his behaviour.
"

The player’s performances haven’t been quite to his usual standard recently.
Barcelona’s own poor form—taking just one point from the last 12 available in La Liga—has done little to assist him, admittedly. But Neymar still sees plenty of the ball, and in recent encounters he’s been profligate with it.
Still, while questions have been asked about the Brazilian, Diana Kristinne of Grup14 is not completely writing off the 24-year-old quite yet:
With that in mind, it looks as though Madrid’s chances of landing the former Santos man are very slim indeed. While there is little Barcelona could do if Real came in and matched the release clause in his current contract—€190 million, according to Sport—the player himself would surely have huge reservations about the move.
He’d be extremely well paid, operating alongside wonderful players and challenging for trophies, but in football leaving Barcelona is never a step up.



.jpg)







