
Liverpool Transfer News: Jonas Hector Door Opened, Latest Mario Gotze Rumours
FC Cologne head coach Peter Stoger has revealed the Bundesliga side are open to offers for their versatile defender Jonas Hector this summer, with Liverpool strongly linked to the player.
The 25-year-old has become a regular feature in the Germany setup after some strong displays for his club.
And while he doesn’t want to part ways with Hector, Stoger has conceded that money talks, per Kicker (h/t Stephan Uersfeld of ESPN FC):
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"I don't have to talk about what may happen in the summer. But if somebody should offer us a three-figure million sum, we'd probably give in. If a two-figure million sum is offered, we'd consider it. And if Jonas Hector says that he doesn't want to stay here, we'd have to face up to it.
When a player like Jonas, who permanently refines himself, is in the spotlight it is just a super story. There are worse problems for a club than having to deal with a player maybe leaving the club because he's in incredible form.
"

Speaking while away on international duty, the player conceded that if Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was to give him a call, he would "start to think about [a transfer],” per Tom Bell of ESPN FC.
Here is a look at why Stoger rates his player so highly:
Hector is a footballer who has made steady improvements over the past couple of campaigns and looks set to be in Germany’s starting XI at the UEFA European Championship this summer.
The Cologne man doesn’t do anything particularly spectacularly, although he’s well balanced in a lot of different attributes.
It’s that kind of quality that allows him to operate in various positions, capable of excelling at left-back or at the base of midfield. That’s a trait the Reds could certainly do with, as they lack natural options in both of those positions in the squad; WhoScored.com recently summed up a very multifaceted performance from Hector for the national side:
Liverpool will be hopeful of getting this one done after encouragement from both the player and the German club's manager.
Cologne would be in receipt of a decent fee for the player, which Stoger seems content with, and Klopp would be able to plug a couple of holes in a squad he’ll no doubt be seeking to rebuild during the offseason.
Hector would surely jump at the chance to play for the Reds, too, and is someone who seems primed for the next step in his career.
Klopp Plays Down Mario Gotze Talk

After days of hype over a potential Mario Gotze transfer to Liverpool, Klopp has moved to play down talk of a move.
Paul Joyce of the Daily Express claimed earlier this week the Reds were becoming increasingly confident of getting a £20 million deal done. But their manager declined to discuss the topic when speaking with RuhrNachrichten.de (h/t Uersfeld).
Klopp said:
"We can talk about [Joel] Matip or something else, but not Mario.
I am happy that he put in a good performance yesterday [on Tuesday against Italy]. But there is nothing to add from my side. He's a player with extraordinary abilities and wants to return to full fitness after four months on the sidelines.
"

Gotze has been frustrated by injuries this season, but having returned to full fitness recently, he has not featured in the plans of head coach Pep Guardiola.
Indeed, it’s a theme that has been prevalent throughout the playmaker’s time at the club, with the former Borussia Dortmund man never quite capable of nailing down regular football at the Allianz Arena.
Bleacher Report UK took a look at where Gotze’s best options could be should he decide to leave in the summer:
It’s no surprise Klopp took the opportunity to dampen the flames of this transfer story. With no domestic football to whet the appetite, Liverpool supporters have become transfixed by the rumours linking the club with a move for the Germany international, but there’s plenty for those associated with the Reds to focus on for the remainder of the campaign.
Gotze will have a big decision to make at the end of the season. New Bayern coach Carlo Ancelotti could come in and promise him the minutes he needs to rediscover the star potential he showed at the Westfalenstadion. If he doesn’t, it’d be no great surprise to see him linking up with Klopp again, this time on Merseyside.



.jpg)







