NBA
HomeScoresRumorsHighlightsDraftB/R 99: Ranking Best NBA Players
Featured Video
🚨 Knicks Up 3-0 vs. Cavs
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: JAN 19 College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T Indiana vs Miami
David Rosenblum/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Mark Cuban Responds to NBA Rumors on Potential Mavs Sale, Team Governors Dismiss Buzz

Timothy RappFeb 12, 2026

Mark Cuban made it pretty clear that repurchasing the majority stake in the Dallas Mavericks likely isn't happening despite a report from NBA insider Marc Stein that an investment group had approached Cuban about doing so.

"I get asked fairly often if I would be part of a group if they could buy the team," he told Brad Townsend of the Dallas News. "I tell them all the same thing: I don't see them selling. ... I have been contacted by multiple groups and individuals who have interest in buying the Mavs. [But] I don't know who the report was talking about."

TOP NEWS

Mitchell Quote on Knick Fans 👀

New NBA Mock Draft 📝

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers - Game Three

Knicks Haven't Lost in a Month 🤷‍♂️

The Dumont and Adelson dismissed the rumors in a statement, via Townsend:

"The Dumont and Adelson families remain fully committed to the Dallas Mavericks franchise and to the Dallas community. They remain focused on building a championship organization for the long term. The team is not for sale and the families look forward to expanding their ownership stake over time."

It's more likely that Cuban will have his 27 percent minority stake in the organization reduced.

The current governors, the families of Patrick Dumont and Miriam Adelson, have the right to purchase all but seven percent of Cuban's stake before Dec. 2027. Their response to Stein's report earlier in the week suggests they plan to do so.

"The Dumont and Adelson families remain fully committed to the Dallas Mavericks franchise and to the Dallas community. They remain focused on building a championship organization for the long term," they wrote in a statement. "The team is not for sale and the families look forward to expanding their ownership stake over time."

Cuban sold his majority stake in the team to the Dumonts and Adelson in 2023, though he clearly thought he was going to remain heavily involved in basketball operations.

"Nothing's really changed except my bank account," he told reporters at the time. "I feel really good. I think it's a great partnership. It's what the team needed on the court and off. I'll still be overseeing the basketball side of it, but having a partner like Patrick and Sivan and Miriam and their ability to build and to redevelop the arena and whatever comes next beyond that just puts us in a much better position to compete. That's all. That's what it comes down to."

But Cuban's influence was ultimately diminished, seemingly at the behest of former general manager Nico Harrison, and he was quick to publicly distance himself from the extremely unpopular decision to trade Luka Dončić.

Perhaps given the recent direction of the franchise Cuban might indeed like to repurchase the team, but it seems highly unlikely at this point.

🚨 Knicks Up 3-0 vs. Cavs

TOP NEWS

Mitchell Quote on Knick Fans 👀

New NBA Mock Draft 📝

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers - Game Three

Knicks Haven't Lost in a Month 🤷‍♂️

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers - Game Three

Cavs' New Rules for Game 3 Fans

Indiana Pacers v Milwaukee Bucks

Buying/Selling NBA Rumors 👀

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report14h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R