
Terence Crawford Says He's Taking It '1 Fight at a Time' amid Retirement Rumors
Terence Crawford addressed his potential retirement ahead of an upcoming clash with Canelo Alvarez at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Saturday.
"I always say, we take one fight at a time," Crawford told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith (6:00 mark). "This is the fight that we at and after this fight, we're gonna take it one fight at a time and see where we at."
Crawford previously said that "we shall see" when asked about his fight with Canelo becoming the final fight of his career in May (via SI.com's Grant Young).
If Crawford can find a way to take down Canelo, he'll become the first male three-division undisputed champion. It would be the crowning achievement of Crawford's stellar career, as he owns a perfect 41-0 record with 31 knockouts.
His workload has decreased as of late, though. Crawford has appeared in just one fight per year since 2020, and he'll be turning 38 years old on Sept. 28.
Despite the southpaw's uncertain long-term future in the sport, he's focused on facing Canelo for now.


.jpg)






