
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz Surrounding LaMarcus Aldridge, Roy Hibbert and More
The first day of the 2015 NBA free-agency period was comprised of a whirlwind of new signings and player movement. However, despite a very busy Wednesday, some big names still remain on the open market. Those names are the subjects of a bevy of rumors.
It will be interesting to watch current rumors play out, considering many of them come with some element of contingency. For example, a certain franchise is eyeing up its most coveted free agent, and if it successfully acquires him, it will likely trade another asset. Conversely, if that team fails to acquire that player, it will immediately shift its focus elsewhere on the market.
You get the drift.
So what's being said on the second day of free agency? Here's a look at some of the juiciest rumors from trusted sources around the Web.

After nine successful seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, LaMarcus Aldridge has decided to test the open market. So far, a feeding frenzy has resulted. Aldridge has already made several visits, but the option of returning to the Blazers always seemed to be there. Not anymore.
According to a report from Mike Tokito of the Oregonian, via an interview with WTHI10, assistant coach Kim Hughes put that theory to rest, saying, "Well, people don't realize we just went young. We didn't publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge. It hasn't been declared yet, but I'm sure he won't come back. We will go young."
So with Aldridge destined to don a new uniform next season, which team has the best shot at the coveted power forward? Paul Coro of AZCentral.com thinks it just may be the Phoenix Suns. He wrote, "The Suns came out of the free-agency gates strongly with contract agreements for Brandon Knight and Tyson Chandler and an eight-man, two-hour presentation that put the Suns in the Aldridge race."
Those moves will allow Aldridge to shine exclusively at power forward, making Phoenix a tempting destination.
While the Suns threw everything they had at Aldridge, the Los Angeles Lakers failed to do the same. According to ESPN.com, the team is already out of the Aldridge sweepstakes due to an underwhelming presentation that didn't focus enough on basketball. Ramona Shelburne said the team was "stunned" to hear the news.
That's tough news for a Lakers team looking to build around what could be Kobe Bryant's final year in the NBA. Aldridge's 2014-15 averages of 23.4 points and 10.2 rebounds per game certainly would have helped.

Here's one of those contingency rumors. DeAndre Jordan has been one of the most coveted free agents this summer, and with good reason. He's coming off a career year in which he averaged 11.5 points and 15.0 rebounds per game while shooting 71.0 percent from the floor, despite having to share the ball with the likes of Blake Griffin and Chris Paul.
The Dallas Mavericks are highly interested in the local product, and while the team is hopeful it will land him, Mark Cuban and Co. already have a Plan B in place, according to a tweet from Tim McMahon of ESPN.com:
Roy Hibbert opted in for the 2015-16 season, exercising his player option to remain with the Indiana Pacers on a $15.5 million salary. Due to Hibbert's inconsistent play with the Pacers, the decision wasn't met with much enthusiasm from the team's fanbase.
Hibbert doesn't play as fast as team president Larry Bird would like, and the center is coming off a campaign in which he recorded his worst points-per-game average since his rookie season. If the Mavericks think Hibbert fits their system better and that he can revitalize his career in Dallas, they would likely be able to strike a deal with a Pacers team that could be looking to offload his pricey contract.
Kings' Backcourt Search

The Sacramento Kings are looking for help in their backcourt, and it appears as though the team isn't afraid to explore every possible avenue. Sacramento has been linked to a trio of guards and already has face-to-face interviews scheduled with two, according to a tweet from ESPN.com's Marc Stein:
First things first: A meeting with Monta Ellis was never scheduled because he agreed to terms with the Pacers, according to a report from ESPN.com's Chris Broussard and Stein. That said, let's focus on the other two.
Wes Matthews will be the first to visit Sacramento, as the Kings will aim to acquire a scoring threat from the backcourt. Last season, Matthews averaged 15.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 44.8 percent from the floor and 38.9 percent from downtown.
Apparently, the Kings will have a difficult time corralling Matthews' services, as a tweet from Grantland's Zach Lowe mentioned that the Mavericks were the front-runners:
Let's move on to option No. 2.
Speaking of the Mavericks, Rajon Rondo is on the open market after a disappointing 2014-15 campaign with the team. In 46 games, Rondo averaged 9.3 points, 4.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists per game while shooting 43.6 percent from the floor and 35.2 percent from downtown. His averages fell well below those he displayed while with the Boston Celtics.
While Rondo had a down year in Dallas, he would still be an upgrade for a Sacramento team that has a very messy backcourt situation.

.png)








.jpg)