
Letroy Guion Re-Signs with Packers: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction
Letroy Guion is coming back to Green Bay for a second season. The Packers and their veteran nose tackle agreed to a one-year contract Monday, a move that's become increasingly expected in recent days.
Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com first reported the two sides had agreed on a deal. Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel indicates the deal comes in at more than $1.3 million but did not have formal terms on the contract.
Guion, who turns 28 in June, spent last season with the Packers after a six-year run with the Minnesota Vikings. He made a full 16 starts for the first time in his career, setting career highs with 41 tackles and 3.5 sacks.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
While widely expected to garner significant interest on the free-agent market, Guion's market was halted following a February arrest. Guion was arrested after driving erratically and was found to be in possession of marijuana, a handgun and more than $190,000 in cash. He reached a plea deal in the case last week, per Demovsky, which calls for no jail time but a $5,000 fine.
"I stand by what I said during the season, after the season," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said at the combine, per Demovsky. "I thought he was an impactful personality and played good football. I'm hopeful that we get past this, and the monitoring gives us the green light to go forward, but I'd love to have Letroy back."
Guion should return to his spot in the starting lineup next season, where the Packers hope to continue their improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Green Bay moved up to No. 16 in Football Outsiders' DVOA metric last season after ranking 31st in 2013. While most of those improvements came from the secondary, Guion is a fine player who comes at a relatively low cost.
Given the Packers' other expenses this offseason, which included signing wide receiver Randall Cobb and offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga to decent-sized deals, this is about the best result they can hope for.
Follow Tyler Conway (@tylerconway22) on Twitter.

.png)





