
WWE Rumors: Examining Latest Buzz Around Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe and More
A theme of arrivals and exits has emerged in the week's batch of WWE rumors, including word on whether Brock Lesnar is on his way out and if Samoa Joe is headed to NXT.
Lesnar's contract situation has long been a source of speculation and confusion. Things got messier in the last week, thanks to a reported bit of backstage bickering and him making an appearance at UFC 184. As for The Samoan Submission Machine, one report points to him following his current Ring of Honor run with one at WWE.
Elsewhere on the Internet, word is that Rey Mysterio, fresh off officially leaving WWE, is asking for a lot of dough to get him to do independent shows. And AJ Lee, who just returned to the ring on Monday's Raw, may have a place on the WrestleMania card waiting for her.
TOP NEWS

Fresh Backstage WWE Rumors 👊

Modern-Day Dream Matches 💭

Most Likely Backlash Heel/Face Turns 🎭
WrestleMania Plans for the Divas Division
The WrestleMania lineup is taking shape, but as of now, there are no women on the docket. That may soon change, though.
PWInsider's Mike Johnson reports, "The word we are getting is that WWE is planning The Bellas vs. AJ Lee and Paige for WrestleMania 31."
That looks highly likely, considering how AJ's return unfolded. She stormed out to the ring to help Paige avoid an assault from Nikki and Brie Bella. Afterward, WWE teased that AJ and Paige were willing to form an uneasy alliance.
Going with this tag match instead of a title bout would be par for the course. The WWE Divas Championship has only once been a part of WrestleMania.
Pitting AJ and Paige against The Bella Twins would allow WWE to have the two top stars of Total Divas, the top female performer in AJ and the rising star Paige all in one place. And now, after Paige and AJ's teamwork on Raw, there's little reason to believe that the company would go in any other direction.
Brock Lesnar Backstage Update
Confusion and uncertainty about Lesnar's status is prevalent. A flood of stories have come out about what happened last Monday night and what that means for WWE.
What's clear so far is that Lesnar and Vince McMahon had a disagreement and that WWE is going forward as if The Beast Incarnate will be where he is supposed to be come WrestleMania.
According to F4WOnline (h/t WrestlingInc.com), Lesnar and McMahon had a "loud and heated" argument backstage. When asked the next day whether a backup plan for WrestleMania was needed, McMahon reportedly said Lesnar would be at the event.
Dave Meltzer also wrote on MMA Fighting:
"Sources close to the situation have said Lesnar and WWE CEO Vince McMahon reached an impasse regarding terms of a new contract, and neither would budge. The issue was described as resolvable, but not yet resolved. McMahon was attempting to sign Lesnar prior to his deal expiring, where, on the free-agent market, he could play WWE, UFC and Bellator against each other.
"
That could certainly explain why Lesnar and McMahon were fighting. It also adds context to the WWE champ's appearance at UFC 184.

That's a leverage move if there ever was one.
That may have triggered rumors that Lesnar would quit WWE for UFC at this critical juncture, but the company doesn't appear worried. Not only did McMahon reportedly sound confident that Lesnar would compete at The Show of Shows, WWE made no effort to shy away from this controversy.
On Monday's Raw, Paul Heyman addressed the situation and assured fans that his client would be at WrestleMania.
If McMahon and Co. had any real doubts about Lesnar's status, they wouldn't have Heyman make that speech. They would have spent Monday's show focusing on other big matches, not shining a bright light on Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns.
Rey Mysterio's Post-WWE Career
After breaking free from his WWE contract, Mysterio is reportedly set to start raking in the cash.
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Wrestle Zone), Mysterio is reportedly asking $20,000 for each independent appearance and he is receiving offers to match that asking price. The report also notes that he is most likely only going to wrestle for Lucha Underground or AAA in Mexico.
An indie promotion can certainly create a lot of buzz by bringing in Mysterio, even for just a meet-and-greet, but that is still a steep fee. Regardless, if folks are willing to pay him that much, more power to him.
Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio and the original Sin Cara (now Myzteziz) are all proving that there is a fruitful career to be had outside of WWE. The trio recently appeared at an AAA event together:
Considering Mysterio's steep appearance fee, it won't hurt him to buy the first round should this talented group of WWE alumni go out together in Mexico.
Samoa Joe to WWE?
WWE fans who have been pining to see Joe come to McMahon's company have had their heart sink and rise in the last few weeks.
After he left TNA, hope sprang up that he would head for WWE. Then he decided to return home to Ring of Honor.
It seemed then that a WWE run wasn't in the cards.
The latest news points to his ROH stay being temporary. According to F4WOnline (h/t WrestlingInc.com), "Joe is expected to sign with WWE soon," although it's not clear whether a deal has been reached yet.
This isn't concrete enough to get too excited about. Fans have seen similar situations, i.e. Willie Mack, result in the wrestler not heading WWE's way in the end.
Joe has a lot of options in front of him. If WWE gives him a low-ball offer and lays out scenarios for him that he doesn't like, he's not a desperate up-and-comer who will take whatever he can get.
Still, just thinking about the possibility of Joe taking on Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan or Lesnar if he sticks around, is enough to leave a fan drooling on the carpet.



.jpg)


