
Chelsea Transfer News: Analysing Latest Rumours on Raphael Varane, Paulo Dybala
Chelsea were among the more active of the Premier League giants this past winter, but Stamford Bridge could entertain a much brighter summer transfer window with news of rising interest in Raphael Varane and Paulo Dybala.
In order for Blues manager Jose Mourinho to land former Real Madrid charge Varane, however, the Daily Star's Jonathan Green reports that goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois may have to head in the opposite direction.

TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
The news stemmed from speculation that Real will be forced to divert their search for a new No. 1, with Manchester United's David De Gea seemingly set to pen an extension at Old Trafford.
However, Mourinho will undoubtedly be eager to hang on to Courtois, a player he finally placed his faith in this season after three years on loan at Atletico Madrid, promoting the Belgian ahead of veteran Petr Cech.
The Blues boss is known to be a fan of Varane, whom he brought to the Bernabeu from Lens in 2011, but sacrificing his premier stopper in order to acquire his talents may be too much of an obstacle.
Green reports the 21-year-old centre-back recently called a meeting with Los Merengues president Florentino Perez in a bid to clarify his future, having sat for some time as a third-string option behind Sergio Ramos and Pepe.
Ben Hayward of Goal.com suggested that pecking order was formed with good reason, though, pointing out Varane's inadequacies during Real's 4-0 loss to rivals Atletico Madrid last Saturday:
Mourinho has an established hierarchy of his own at Stamford Bridge, with John Terry and Gary Cahill the first-choice central defenders, while Kurt Zouma is gradually making his own moves on the starting XI.
The Portuguese was quoted by EFE (h/t Spanish newspaper AS) as recently hailing the talents of France's rising stars, Varane and Zouma: "The French Football Federation should write me a letter of thanks because they have two of the best young defenders in the world. As young defenders, can you imagine what Zouma and Varane will represent in football in the next couple of years? I’m sure Didier [Deschamps] is very happy."
Varane may be eager to remain a part of Carlo Ancelotti's squad, arguably still the finest in Europe after winning last season's Champions League, but his chances of first-team football would assuredly be more fruitful in west London.
It's unlikely that Mourinho will accept Real's pledge to lure Courtois as any form of ultimatum and look to have both in his side, but he may be forced to prioritise who of the two represents more value should it come down to choosing.

Meanwhile, the Blues will face extreme competition in the race to sign Palermo up-and-comer Dybala this summer, with the Press Association (h/t ESPN FC) reporting that Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are mounting interest.
Earlier this week, Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini was quoted by Italian newspaper Tuttosport (h/t Sky Sports), speaking of his sadness after having already agreed new terms in principle with the youngster:
"I will sell him, I am almost certain of this. (Juventus general director Giuseppe) Marotta told me that they are very interested in the player. They (Juve) are ready to negotiate. I have warned Marotta already that I've had so many offers for Dybala from half of the teams in Europe. Chelsea, PSG and other English and Spanish clubs.
We had an agreement with Dybala for 9million (euros a year) but the next day everything changed. I was told that Dybala would no longer sign and that he now wanted up to 15million (euros) in wages. No way! This is the fault of those that surround him. They have made him lose all sense of reality. I had treated him like a son having spent 12million euros to acquire him. I will not speak to Dybala again. I will appoint a company to negotiate Dybala's sale.
"
The relationship forged between Dybala and Zamparini over the past two-and-a-half years now seems lost, with Chelsea among those looking to capitalise should he indeed be available this summer.
According to Sky Sports' Pete O'Rourke, a Premier League move would tempt the striker, too, although west London isn't the destination he apparently has in mind:
David Amoyal of GianlucaDiMarzio.com even goes so far as to liken the player to Manchester City's Sergio Aguero, outlining just what a prospect he's created at just 21 years of age:
His 11 goals in 21 Serie A appearances this season have helped Palermo into ninth, and with Didier Drogba potentially hanging his boots up at the end of this season, a replacement may be required.
Dybala would be an intriguing asset to potentially partner with Diego Costa in attack, but Mourinho's preference to utilise wingers makes a two-man attack seem unlikely.
As such, it's unclear as to whether Dybala would look upon the potential competition at Stamford Bridge with high hopes, although his severed ties with the Rosanero may be too good of an opportunity to pass up.



.jpg)







