
Luiz Adriano Arsenal Interest Revealed, Daniele Rugani Linked in Latest Rumours
Arsenal will look to swoop on Shakhtar Donetsk striker Luiz Adriano after the Ukrainian giants rejected Roma's bid for his services, with reports also emerging of the Gunners' interest in centre-back Daniele Rugani.
David Wright of the Daily Express writes that the Serie A contenders tabled a loan offer of £1.5 million with an option to make the deal permanent this summer for another £5 million. However, Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin is quoted as saying the figure didn't meet their expectations:
"We're still dealing with the Giallorossi for Luiz Adriano. But for the moment, the offer is inadequate. We'll see what's going to happen over the next few days."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Palkin's comments suggest that Adriano could be available for a winter purchase, and Arsene Wenger may feel Arsenal are capable of reaching an agreement for the Brazilian's services.
It's been mooted that Rudi Garcia looks upon Adriano as a potential replacement for Mattia Destro, whom La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia) says is a target for AC Milan. ESPN FC's Julian De Martinis can't see the Italian leaving unless Adriano is brought in, though:
"So IF Adriano isn't coming to Roma, really can't see us getting rid of Destro.
— Julian De Martinis (@JulianDM11) January 27, 2015"
It would be the second window in succession during which the north Londoners will have strengthened their attack, having made strides last summer with the acquisitions of Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck.
Adriano has scored four goals in 13 league outings this season, but his biggest exploit came in equalling Cristiano Ronaldo's record for goals scored during the Champions League group stage, bagging nine this term.

Olivier Giroud currently reigns as Wenger's go-to man up front, but Arsenal may feel that now is the time to spruce up their offensive depth after making signings in defence and midfield.
Shakhtar may be reluctant to sell more than one of their stars this winter, though, as Bleacher Report's Sam Tighe has also discussed Chelsea's interest in attacking playmaker Douglas Costa:
At one point, it seemed as though Wenger would neglect Arsenal's troubles at the back this month, but with Gabriel Paulista's move from Villarreal almost complete, Rugani is now said to be on Arsenal's radar.
TalkSPORT reported on Wednesday that the Empoli defender was being eyed by the Gunners. However, those hopes look to be finished after David Amoyal of GianlucaDiMarzio.com reported the previously co-owned youngster has been purchased outright by Juventus:
The move could still come to fruition, considering Rugani has only represented Empoli this season, and if anything, Juve's move to acquire all his rights could suggest a transfer is nigh.
However, Bleacher Report's Matteo Bonetti rates the 20-year-old highly and says the Bianconeri would be "crazy" to relinquish their grip on his signature:
Gabriel will come to the Emirates Stadium as a player primed and ready to make a first-team impact, but Rugani would need time to adapt to the Premier League's demands.
However, despite his age, Squawka Dave shows that the Italian under-21 international is a bright spark among his fellow prodigious peers:
Arsenal's fans would undoubtedly be overjoyed to see yet more depth arrive in central defence, an area in which they were found to be extremely shallow following Laurent Koscielny's injury woes this season.
Rugani has yet to miss a single minute of Empoli's Serie A campaign, but it remains to be seen what Juve has planned for their latest piece of business.



.jpg)







