
Barcelona Transfer News: Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique Rumours Denied by President
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has denied rumours linking Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique and any of the club's stars with a winter exit.
A speculated falling out between Messi and boss Luis Enrique produced coverage suggesting the Argentinian could be set for a move to the Premier League, as reported by Nicholas Rigg of The Independent. The player continues to deny such links and has highlighted his commitment to Barcelona with a stunning run of goalscoring form since the start of 2015.
Bartomeu reiterated his admiration for Messi, while suggesting Enrique's current squad won't be downsized any time soon, as reported by Barcelona Television's La Porteria show (h/t Moises Llorens of AS):
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"We have to see how he is now. He is perfect in every way. He has a huge desire to win it all this year. I was with him and he is happy. He is the world’s number one, although the awards were handed to others. He is ambitious and wants to win. He is having a magnificent season. He is the leader and acts as such.
We have Messi for many years and I see no option to sell the player, nor any of his team-mates. They would have to give him all of the Ballons d’Or for how he is and how he plays football.
"

Such a comment also suggests Pique is not for sale, despite his dwindling influence in the Blaugrana squad this season. Manchester United and Chelsea had been earmarked as potential destinations for the Spanish centre-back, per David Wright of the Daily Express. It seems the 27-year-old is expected to stay and contribute during the remainder of a challenging season for the side.
Barca's recent transfer ban will no doubt have an impact on the club's dealings. It would be questionable to sell Pique without being able to buy an immediate replacement—Barca cannot acquire anyone until January 2016—particularly as summer signing Thomas Vermaelen shows no sign of making an impact in the team.
Bartomeu's excessive compliments toward Messi are nothing new, as we also saw during recent quotes provided by talkSPORT: "There will never be another player like him. He told me that he wants to end his career at Barca and his commitment and willingness are the maximum. There is no debate about his future, he already said that he wanted to stay and he has a contract here."

Messi has scored 28 goals and produced 10 assists in 26 matches this season, per WhoScored.com. He netted his 30th hat-trick for Barca during Sunday's 4-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna on Sunday, as brilliantly realised by Mundo Deportivo (via Who Ate All the Pies):
Xavi, one of the players who has helped propel Messi to success, recently underlined his colleague's quality, per Marca: "If you can't link up well with Messi, football's not for you."
The pair have been a constant during the side's decade of success and remain key figures both on and off the pitch at the Camp Nou.

Messi's importance is made obvious every time Bartomeu speaks. The president desperately doesn't want to be the man to lose Barca's all-time leading scorer, particularly as club elections are expected to take place soon.
While rumours linking Messi with an exit have always appeared far-fetched, constant speculation means it is necessary for Barca representatives to continue speaking publicly about the situation. Bartomeu will likely address the rumours again with answers made much easier by Messi's terrific form on the pitch.



.jpg)







