
Barcelona Transfer News: Marc-Andre Ter Stegen Rumours, Latest on Lionel Messi
Barcelona will strive to hang onto their best assets this year while the 2015 transfer ban prevents the club from adding new names, with Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Lionel Messi among the latest names in the headlines.
Liverpool's search for a new goalkeeper has reportedly diverted their gaze toward Blaugrana contender Ter Stegen, with the youngster recently telling German newspaper Bild (h/t Liverpool Echo's Peter Guy) of his struggles in Catalan country.
"It's good to be at Barca, but the situation is difficult," ter Stegen said. "I’d be lying if I said I didn't care and it isn't easy being a spectator."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

The 22-year-old joined Barca last summer for a fee of £9.9 million (€12 million), per the official Barcelona website, but he has failed to displace Chilean international Claudio Bravo in the No. 1 jersey.
Norwegian pundit Jan Aage Fjortoft insists the Spanish giants would part ways with their starlet, but not being able to bring in a replacement presents a stumbling block:
Ter Stegen was regarded as one of the Bundesliga's brightest prospects during his days with Borussia Monchengladbach and will assuredly be disappointed with such a rapid descent to the bench.
Simon Mignolet's performances at Anfield this season led to him being dropped in favour of reserve keeper Brad Jones, with Brendan Rodgers understandably in search of a more reliable alternative.
Spanish writer Sergi Dominguez holds a different view to Fjortoft, illustrating just how impossible the deal is in his opinion:
As aforementioned, though, Barcelona's transfer ban makes departures from the club more difficult to envision, especially in a position as essential as the goalkeeping spot.
At the other end of the pitch, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu remains adamant Messi isn't heading anywhere this year.
Speculation has linked Luis Enrique's disappointing reign to an allegedly unsettled Messi, but The Press Association posted footage of Bartomeu insisting recent reports are false:
The Argentinian has been linked with a move to Chelsea in recent months, the Blues being one of the few clubs who might have the financial resources to make a deal possible.
However, assistant manager Steve Holland has rubbished those reports, saying the Barca ace may be beyond even Chelsea's grasp:
Per ESPN FC's Miguel Delaney, the Chelsea staff member says:
"Jose Mourinho has made it quite clear that nobody comes or goes. I recall he said something similar last year but a couple of things happened which meant we had to be reactive. The hope and expectation is that nobody comes or goes. When you look at some of the numbers mentioned around the Messi deal, you would think it is almost impossible.
"
Bartomeu gives no insight into the future of manager Enrique, who faces a clutch fixture against Atletico Madrid on Sunday.
Between the transfer ban, Andoni Zubizarreta's recent sacking from his role as sports director and the newly announced presidential elections to come at the end of this season, it's clear all is not well at Barca.

Messi will be as aware as any other player in regards to what troubles face the club's hierarchy, which would seemingly give his suitors their brightest hope of snaring his talents.
That being said, Bartomeu suggests the Blaugrana place so high a priority on their star that even in these dark times, an exit looks highly unlikely.



.jpg)







