Latest Celtic & Rangers Transfer News & Rumours
Swindon Town have slapped a £2.5 million price tag on striker Simon Cox after a bid from Celtic in the region of £1.2 million was rejected.
The Parkhead side are also rumoured to be in negotiations with Egyptian attacking midfielder Mahmoud Abdel Razek, and Scott Brown is an £8 million target for Harry Redknapp’s Spurs side.
Barcelona are set to let wonderkid Bojan Krkic go out on loan this summer to find regular first team football, and Celtic have reportedly lodged their interest in bringing the star to Parkhead to team up with former teammate Marc Crosas.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Meanwhile Barry Ferguson was reported to have been down in at the Hawthorns on Sunday discussing a £1 million move to Tony Mowbray’s West Brom side and the Old Firm are supposedly battling it out for the signature of Hearts midfielder Bruno Aguiar, who is out of contract next month, according to his agent.
Swindon slap a £2.5 million tag on Celtic target
Swindon Town have told Celtic they will have to pay £2.5million to land striker Simon Cox. The Parkhead side have been linked with a move for the prolific hitman, as well as teenage defender Sean Morrison.
Town chairman Andrew Fitton told the Scottish Daily Mail, "We value Simon at £2.5million. We have made no secret of what we think his value is. I’m not surprised Celtic’s interest is not going away because Simon is a class player. We have had two approaches from clubs but nothing in writing."
Shikabala in negotiations with Celtic
Zamalek’s attacking midfielder Mahmoud Abdel Razek, Shikabala, is rumoured to be in negotiations with Celtic, with the two sides close to an agreement.
The versatile attacker, one of the biggest talents in Egypt, has already declared his desire to leave Zamalek due to the treatment he received from coach Michel De Castel and the rest of the technical staff.
Some board members of Zamalek tried to pursuade Shikabala to return to training but the player has made his final decision to leave the club despite having a contract until 2011.
Media reports state that Shikabala is expected to fly to Glasgow before the end of May for a medical examination. After the medical is completed, Celtic are expected to open direct negotiations with Zamalek.
With the elections in Zamalek coming at the end of the month, Celtic might be able to lower his huge price tag of six million euros which the White Knights are demanding.
Celtic in the hunt to land Barca kid Bojan on loan
Celtic are rumoured to be interested in landing Barcelona wonderkid Bojan Krkic, as Barcelona want to send the 18-year-old forward out on loan. And a major plus point for Celtic is the fact that Krkic is friends with former Barcelona youngster Marc Crosas, currently plying his trade at Parkhead.
With Shunsuke Nakamura likely to leave this summer, Bojan would be an excellent addition to the Celtic team, but they face competition from the likes of Spurs, Blackburn, and three unnamed La Liga sides.
Barca sporting director Txiki Beguiristain said, “We have already received calls asking about Bojan’s situation here. Nothing has been decided yet and we will talk to Pep Guardiola and also the player.”
Bojan’s agent, Zoran Vekic, added, “He is happy at Barcelona but needs to play more. We must find a solution that suits everyone and anything is possible this summer.”
Celts have forged close ties with Barcelona and Gordon Strachan lured Crosas from the Nou Camp last summer, since then the clubs have been linked with other exchange deals, including a move for left back Sylvinho. Krkic has fallen down the Barca pecking order this term as Guardiola has instead gone with Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, and Samuel Eto’o.
That has led to a frustrating season for the teenager, who scored in the 4-1 Copa del Rey Final win over Atletico Bilbao last week. But he’s eager to play more regularly next term and he could follow Crosas to Parkhead.
Bruno in talks with both Celtic and Rangers—according to agent
The agent of Bruno Aguiar has claimed that he is in talks with both Rangers and Celtic over the signature of the Portuguese midfielder. The 28-year-old is out of contract at Hearts next month and they are keen to get rid of his £8,000 a week wage bill, as the club look to cut their sizeable debts.
Aguiar’s agent Paolo Barbosa said, “Will Bruno stay at Hearts? We will see, but I don’t think so. We’re talking with different Scottish clubs and are waiting for a solution. I believe everything will be clear within one week.”
Aguiar is also being tracked by Championship clubs Coventry and QPR, while Dutch giants Ajax spied on him during Saturday’s 3-0 win over Dundee United. However SunSport reported that he wants to stay in Scotland having settled well since his move from Benfica in 2006.
He has been one of Hearts' stars this season after coming back from an 18-month injury lay-off and helped the Jambos secure third spot and European qualification for next season.
He has netted seven goals and Rangers want him to team up with compatriot Pedro Mendes in the Ibrox midfield, while Celtic see Aguiar as a low-risk gamble who will fit into their wage structure.
Ferguson poised to become a Baggie in a £1 million move
Media reports have stated that Barry Ferguson is on the verge of quitting Rangers in a £1 million move to West Bromwich Albion. The Scottish Sun has revealed that the deposed Rangers captain travelled to the Hawthorns on Sunday for contract talks, and took in the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, which relegated the Baggies to the Championship.
Despite several English top-flight clubs keeping an eye on his situation it’s understood Fergie has told Tony Mowbray he’s willing to make the move. With Rangers keen to get rid of his huge wage bill, Mowbray is likely to get his man for a cut-price £1m.
Spurs to offer £8 million for Celtic midfielder Scott Brown
Tottenham are rumoured to be weighing up an £8million swoop for SPL player of the year Scott Brown.
Brown and his Celtic team-mate Aiden McGeady have been on Spurs boss Harry Redknapp’s radar for most of the season. Redknapp has had numerous scouting reports produced on the pair but the Scotland international has been earmarked as a top target with his performances for the Parkhead side this season. The Tottenham manager has made a central midfielder his top summer target and Brown fits the bill.
Manager Gordon Strachan is desperate to keep his battling midfielder but is well aware the club would find a big-money offer hard to turn down. Celtic paid £4.5m to Hibs for the 23-year-old two years ago but they could get almost double that with add-ons.
The player also knows he’d pick up a big wage rise if he moved to White Hart Lane. Celtic could have a huge decision to weigh up because if they don’t win the league this weekend they might miss out on a £10m Champions League jackpot, as they will have to go through the qualifying rounds.
If Brown goes to Spurs, one of his first games could be against Celtic as the two teams meet in the Wembley Cup in July.
Sources: The Metro, IMScouting.com, The Scottish Sun and the Daily Express



.jpg)







