With the NBA narrowed down to four teams, we have decided to give you a snippet of what all four arenas have to offer.
Staples Center: Los Angeles, CA
- Opened in 1999 at a cost of $375 Million
- Nickname: None
- Basketball Capacity: 18,997 160Luxury Suites
- Average '08-'09 Home attendance: 18,997(100%)
- Best place to go before the game: LA Live
- Most Unique Concession: Eat and Drink on the Staples Center roof, City View Grill which over looks LA
- Our Take: Just like the city that she resides in, the Staples Center is very flashy and star driven. Good luck getting tickets, but if you do, be sure to dress to impress and pay more attention to what is going on in the stands than the game on the floor.
Pepsi Center: Denver, CO
- Opened 1999 at a cost of $180 Million
- Nickname: The Can
- Basketball Capacity: 19,309 95 Luxury Suites
- Average '08-'09 Home attendance: 17,223(89.9%)
- Best place to go before the game: LoDo district or Six Flags
- Most Unique Concession: Blue Sky Grill offers Western cuisine in a Mountain lodge setting
- Our Take: The Pepsi Center is nicely located near plenty of Denver attractions. It’s all about having a good time here.
Amway Arena: Orlando, FL
- Opened 1989 at a cost of $98 Million
- Nickname: O-rena Basketball
- Capacity: 17,519 26 Luxury Suites
- Average '08-'09 Home attendance: 17,043(97.6%)
- Best place to go before the game: Downtown Orlando(Orange Ave, Wall & Church St)
- Most Unique Concession: The Carvery serves up hand-carved sandwiches
- Our Take: Needs to be replaced, they’ve already broke ground for the replacement, but still a good place to see a game. The transient residents of Orlando make this joint one of the best bargains in the NBA, tickets are reasonable and available.
Quicken Loans Arena: Cleveland, OH
- Opened 1994 at a cost of $100 Million
- Nickname: The Q
- Basketball Capacity: 20,562 92 Luxury Suites
- Average '08-'09 attendance: 20,010(97.3%)
- Best place to go before the game: The Flats
- Most Unique Concession: Quaker Steak & Lube(Wings)
- Our Take: Blue Collar town with a surprisingly nice & cushy arena. One of the worst arena names in the business.