Links to the Best in NFC North Coverage, 4/6/2012 Edition
There is lots of news to wrap up the week here at the NFC North blog, and it's Friday so you're all looking to get done with the morning so the weekend can get here.
So enough jibber-jabber—let's take a look around the NFC North.
DETROIT LIONS
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Anwar Richardson at MLive.com says the Nationally Televised Baltimore preseason game is a sign of things to come for the Lions.
Also on MLive.com, Andy Hoag catches us up on a name which has been brought up in regards to Mikel LeShoure and Nick Fairley's police blotter appearances: Charles Rogers.
The team is definitely keeping an eye on its players. Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press tells us that when Ndamukong Suh was pulled over for clocking 91 MPH in a 55 zone, they reached out.
In what is suddenly a tumultuous offseason off the field, Lions fans should be happy the team is reaching out to players.
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Adrian Peterson continues to be in the news today, but for good reason. Vikings.com blogger Mike Wobschall reports AD will donate $1million to the University of Oklahoma's Athletic Department.
With the buzz around Ryan Tannehill growing daily, Dan Wiederer writes at the Star Tribune that the Vikings could consider trading the No. 3 pick.
GREEN BAY PACKERS
CheeseheadTV's Brian Carriveau posts that, in the light of the Saints Bounty Scandal, some comments Alabama's Mark Barron made at the combine about hard hitting could make teams think twice about drafting him.
That dovetails nicely into Pete Dougherty's article about the Packers looking closely at safeties because of Nick Collins' injury.
As I said in the mock draft earlier this week, there are some concerns in the secondary and it's likely an early pick is dedicated to that area.
CHICAGO BEARS
ESPNChicago's Jeff Dickerson reports that the Bears helped their secondary depth by signing two new cornerbacks.
Meanwhile, Michael Wright updates us on how the rehabs of Gabe Carimi and Johnny Knox are going.
Finally, Sean Jensen of the Sun Times reports that new GM Phil Emery and head coach Lovie Smith are not worried about the offensive line and feel Mike Tice could be the difference.
For myself, I still contend the line needs help. Can Tice and a new offensive scheme help? Sure.
However, there's a talent issue there as well and it's too critical to ignore and hope it works out. Sure Carimi, when healthy, is very good. J'Marcus Webb, as Jensen points out, allowed 12 sacks last year.
At some point, hoping your seventh-round pick "might, possibly, if we work hard with him, turn it around" is just crazy. Especially for a left tackle, only one of the most critical pieces on the line.
I mean, heck, why worry about Cutler's blind side?

.png)





