Auburn Football: Quarterback Clint Moseley Back at Practice
The Auburn quarterback race is back on.
After sitting out several practices with a sore shoulder, Auburn junior quarterback Clint Moseley was allowed to throw on Wednesday morning, according to reports from AL.com.
Earlier this spring, Moseley sat out several practices, including Auburn's first scrimmage of the spring last Saturday. The returning starter is in a battle with sophomore Kiehl Frazier and true freshman Zeke Pike for Auburn's starting quarterback job.
Moseley's absence has had a significant impact on the quarterback race, according to head coach Gene Chizik. Chizik told the Montgomery Advertiser:
"“He’s got to continue to get better quick — I don’t think there’s any question about it,” Chizik said of Moseley. “It was unfortunate timing, but the reality of it is either you take reps and improve or you watch and you’re not getting the same opportunity to improve. It’s a big factor.”
"
Frazier has shined in Moseley's absence. He completed 10 of his 14 passes and tossed two touchdowns on Saturday, and has taken an early lead in this three-man race. Auburn isn't expected to name a starting quarterback until fall camp starts and new offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler is able to fully install his system.
Moseley completed 66-of-108 passes for 800 yards and five touchdowns last season for the Tigers, after stepping in for Barrett Trotter midway though the season.
.jpg)





.jpg)







