NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

Jerry Sandusky: Lawyer Says 2 Allegations Against Ex-PSU Coach Deemed Unfounded

Mike ChiariJun 7, 2018

For perhaps the first time during the entire legal process, disgraced former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky received some good news as two child abuse allegations against him were labeled as unfounded.

According to Sara Ganim of The Patriot-News, Sandusky's attorney Joe Amendola said that the 68-year-old had been cleared of two allegations by family members and also that Children and Youth Services did not expect any further charges against Sandusky.

Even so, Sandusky still faces more than 50 charges stemming from the child sex scandal that rocked the very foundation of Penn State University. The situation led to mass firings at Penn State, including that of legendary head coach Joe Paterno, who has since died due to complications from lung cancer.

TOP NEWS

Ohio State Team Doctor
2026 Florida Spring Football Game
College Football Playoff National Championship: Head Coaches News Conference

Sandusky is due back in court on Friday for the first time since waiving his preliminary hearing in December, according to Ganim. This will begin the process of setting up a trial, which is expected to take somewhere between two and four weeks.

While Sandusky and his legal team still face a major uphill battle with 10 alleged victims involved in the case, this has to be encouraging news. It would seem as though disgruntled family members saw an opening to take down Sandusky, but the charges being dismissed could hurt the credibility of every accuser.

It stands to reason that Amendola and the rest of Sandusky's representatives will attempt to use the dropped charges as a means of discrediting others. Although it wouldn't seem as though independent accusers would have a motive for making up charges, it may be the defense's best bet to go that route.

With a trial very much on the horizon, Sandusky's legal team is hard at work in terms of deciphering evidence and creating a defense, according to Ganim. Sandusky himself has requested a list of names and ages of his accusers, as well as dates and locations regarding where they claim to have been molested.

The request appears to be a tactic so Sandusky, Amendola and the rest of the legal team can attempt to link the accusers to each other in some way.

"

The defendant believes the accusers may have collaborated with each other in making these false allegations, Amendola wrote.

"

It seems very obvious which direction the defense is looking to take, and the two dropped charges should be a big help. Whether they are vital enough to exonerate Sandusky completely, though, is clearly a huge question mark at this point.

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

Ohio State Team Doctor
2026 Florida Spring Football Game
College Football Playoff National Championship: Head Coaches News Conference
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: JAN 01 College Football Playoff Quarterfinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl Ole Miss vs Georgia

TRENDING ON B/R