
Jets Rumors: Aaron Rodgers Still Has Support of Coaches as QB1 Despite Struggles
While the New York Jets appear to be in the midst of yet another lost season, it sounds like the team's commitment to veteran quarterback Aaron Rodgers hasn't changed.
According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, "The coaching staff has not wavered from its belief that Rodgers should continue to start, a source said."
Fowler also pointed out that Rodgers' "future with the Jets is shrouded in uncertainty" amid the team's tumultuous 3-8 campaign that included the firings of head coach Robert Saleh and general manager Joe Douglas. Team owner Woody Johnson reportedly suggested that the soon-to-be 41-year-old should be benched earlier this season, and Fowler noted his suggestion "might have occurred more than once."
TOP NEWS

Most Down-Bad Sports Cities 😵
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮
However, interim head coach Jeff Ulbrich has maintained his public support of Rodgers, telling reporters on Monday that the signal-caller will "absolutely" start Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks. While Rodgers has admitted to being banged up with multiple ailments this year, Ulbrich said the bye in Week 12 helped him get back to his old self.
"All I can say -- and you'd have to ask Aaron if he's fully healthy -- but he's better off today than he's been as of late," Ulbrich said. "So he's definitely feeling healthier than he has for probably the past month. And a healthy Aaron Rodgers is an Aaron Rodgers we all love. So I'm excited about what that looks like."
Despite all signs pointing to the Jets missing the playoffs for a 14th straight year, the players are reportedly not interested in tanking for the remainder of the year.
"I didn't sense that these guys want to do anything other than go out and play well," a team source told Fowler of the Jets' mindset coming out of the bye week. "Net positive."







