
Joe Schoen: Giants 'Going to Start Looking at Solutions' amid 5-Game Losing Streak
The 2-8 New York Giants have lost five straight games amid a season that hit rock bottom Sunday with a 20-17 overtime loss to the 3-7 Carolina Panthers in Germany.
On Tuesday, Giants general manager Joe Schoen spoke with reporters and said the team will "start looking at solutions."
TOP NEWS

Most Down-Bad Sports Cities 😵
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮
Schoen and head coach Brian Daboll arrived from the Buffalo Bills in 2022, and prospects looked bright at first after the team snagged its first playoff win since January 2012. However, the Giants fell to 6-11 last year and are tied with the league's worst record now.
Naturally, the team's declining performance has led to speculation that Schoen and Daboll won't be brought back. However, owner John Mara said on October 23, per ESPN's Jordan Raanan, that he does "not anticipate making any changes in the offseason."
"Obviously, we're all very disappointed with where we are right now, but I'm going to say one thing: We are not making any changes this season and I do not anticipate making any changes in the offseason either," Mara said regarding the potential of a coaching or GM change.
And Schoen also seems confident that he'll return as well (h/t Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports).
It's not clear what the plan is at the moment with the team regressing to the bottom of the league over the past two seasons. But it's become all but certain that the team is making a change at quarterback, whether it's imminent or after the season.
Daniel Jones simply hasn't performed well since signing a four-year, $160 million contract following a promising 2022 season. As of now, Jones is 31st among 34 qualified quarterbacks in passer rating and 28th in QBR, per Pro Football Reference.
With the bye week coming up, Jones struggling and a $23 million injury guarantee going his way in March if he fails a physical, New York could conceivably move to Drew Lock or Tommy DeVito after the bye and release its current QB1 after the season.
The injury guarantee could very well be a sticking point, and both Schoen and Daboll haven't closed the door on moving on.
Jones has no guaranteed money on his contract after this year. The Giants could designate him as a post-June 1 cut following a 2025 release and save $30,500,000 against the cap while taking on $11,105,000 in dead money, per Over the Cap.
At this point, it would appear to be that one of the "solutions" Schoen mentioned will be finding a new quarterback.
As of now, the Giants hold the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft, and if the GM and head coach are sticking around, one can surmise that New York could very well be looking for a new hope at quarterback in 2025.







