
Cowboys' Jerry Jones Doubles Down on 'All-In' Remark: 'We're Very Proud' of Roster
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones insisted the organization is "all in" on winning a Super Bowl despite a relatively quiet offseason.
"We're very proud of this roster," he told reporters Tuesday. "We feel very, very good about the promise of this roster this season. … We feel great about what we've been in free agency. We're all in."
In January, Jones struck an ambitious tone when he said he "would anticipate we will be all in at the end of this year."
TOP NEWS

Most Down-Bad Sports Cities 😵
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮
Fans came to an obvious conclusion from those remarks and expected the Cowboys, despite not having a ton of salary cap flexibility, to make some meaningful additions. Instead, linebacker Eric Kendricks and running back Royce Freeman are the only outside free agents to sign so far.
Retaining head coach Mike McCarthy and making him a lame duck was another contentious call.
By March, Jones was parsing out what he meant with the phrase "all in" and said Dallas had to win within its financial limitations.
Basically, it's a state of mind rather than an actual plan of attack.
From that point of view, you could argue the franchise has been all in on lifting the Vince Lombardi Trophy for nearly 30 years to no avail. Or maybe the Cowboys have been all in on coming up short, in which case they've executed the plan to perfection.
The results of the upcoming season will determine whether Jones' general optimism was justified or terribly misplaced. If it's the latter, then an already frustrated fanbase might hit its final nerve.







