
Suns' Chris Paul Says He's Not Retiring After Game 7 Loss: 'We'll Be Right Back Here'
After the Phoenix Suns were blown out in Sunday's Game 7 against the Dallas Mavericks, veteran point guard Chris Paul immediately put any questions about his future to rest.
Paul told reporters that he intends to return to the Suns next season, saying, "We'll be right back here next year. ... I'm not retiring."
Paul, who turned 37 earlier this month, would be entering his 18th year in the NBA next season. While he is considered to be one of the best point guards of all time, Paul's career has been plagued by postseason shortcomings. Despite another disappointment, he appears to be undeterred in chasing that championship ring that has eluded him so far.
However, years of high-level battles may be starting to take their toll on Paul. After averaging 23.5 points in the first two games of the series against Dallas, Paul notably looked exhausted as the series continued. He averaged just 9.4 points over the final five games.
Paul is signed through the 2024-25 season, so Phoenix is committed to the 12-time All-Star. Having him back in the fold will help the franchise remain among the top contenders in the Western Conference next year, but there's still work to do to keep the core together.
The Suns have a major decision to make this offseason regarding young center Deandre Ayton, who is set to be a restricted free agent after the team chose not to sign him to an extension when he became eligible last year. The 23-year-old is likely to garner a massive amount of interest from other teams around the league, which will make it a challenge for Phoenix to retain him.





.jpg)




