18 Quotes About Kyle Busch
Whether he wins the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship this year or not, there is no doubting the fact that Kyle Busch has been the single most talked about driver in NASCAR this year.
Throughout 2008 it has been impossible to swing an unhooked swaybar and not hit someone in the garage, in the media center, or in the stands talking or writing about him.
Below are 18 quotes about the driver of the No. 18 car I've compiled throughout the year from drivers, commentators, and fans—Kyle Busch fans and "anyone-but-Kyle-Busch" fans alike.
And to show that we citizens of "Rowdy's World" have a sense of humor, I have mixed in all three types of quotes about Busch—the good, the bad, and the ugly.
1. "He's the only driver I know who can go three-wide all by himself...He's hoppin' around down there like a little league shortstop." - Darrell Waltrip
2. "I jerked him by the helmet and just rattled his cage a little. He's just a little girl about it." - Steven Wallace (May 2, 2008)
3. "That's the way dad raced and Kyle has that same style—very aggressive." - Dale Earnhardt Jr. (May 8, 2008)
4. "50 bucks to the driver who takes out Kyle Busch (and I don't mean a date)." - Fan Sign
5. "Kyle Busch fan since 2 to go at Richmond." - Fan Sign
6. "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and so should Kyle Busch." - Fan Sign at Dover (June, 2008)
7. "Hopefully the fans will enjoy it. They get to boo me in three different areas this weekend, and we'll have a good time." - Kyle himself (June, 2008)
8. "Kyle Busch, you've been bad. I'm watching you. God." - Fake church sign
9. "You hear that? People are cheering...for Kyle Busch." - Kyle Petty (June 22, 2008)
10. "Don't tell him that because what you're telling me is if he focuses he can be that good. We don't want him focusing, OK. Let's have him going back to run trucks and the Busch stuff." - Kyle Petty (June 22, 2008)
11. "If he can win here, he's probably going to think he can win anywhere...and maybe he can." - Jeff Gordon (June 22, 2008)
12. "Kyle Busch has got to be the loneliest NASCAR driver ever. He's led so many laps he never sees anybody in front of him for two-thirds of the race. He just sees clean racetrack...He's the Maytag guy." - Kyle Petty (June 22, 2008)
13. "They're stinking up the show every weekend and loving every minute of it." - John Roberts (June 22, 2008)
14. "I just wanted to go out there and let Kyle beat me a few times so I can see why everyone hates him." - Tony Schumacher (Sept. 2, 2008)
15. "I can promise you one thing about Kyle this weekend—he's going to be going real fast and bouncing off pretty much everything there is to bounce off of." - Jeff Gordon (Sept. 19, 2008)
16. "Even if he was 200 points back with just five to go, I wouldn't count him out. I mean there's just no telling when they could flip the switch and make it happen." - Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Sept. 19, 2008)
17. "Kyle who?" - Kevin Harvick (Sept. 19, 2008)
18. "M&M's melt in your mouth, and crack under pressure." - Fan Sign at Dover (September, 2008)
As a bonus, I have added one of the first quotes I ever read about Kyle:
"You think I'm a pretty good race car driver? Wait until you see my brother. He's the best driver in the family." - Kurt Busch (2001)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?