Christmas and rankings go together like egg and nog.
Favorite toy? Time to rank your Tickle-Me Elmos, Furbys and Malibu Barbies. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night vs. White Christmas vs. Leroy the Redneck Reindeer.
But none of that will win you a fantasy football championship.
If you’ve made it this far, you’re possibly ready to move past the Yuletide to the onside kicks and could care less about where I rate figgy pudding and fruitcake in my Christmas food rankings.
But if some Week 16 fantasy positional rankings would help, here are my positional ratings.
1. Peyton Manning at OAK. Manning has most of his weapons back and is in the thick of a heated divisional race to the playoffs. The Raiders don't stand a chance.
2. Michael Vick vs. MIN. He continues to be a matchup nightmare and the Vikings defense has only been a shell of itself lately.
3. Drew Brees vs. ATL. Huge divisional game where every throw counts; just the type of game that gets Brees going.
For the rest of my Week 16 quarterback rankings, go here.
1. Darren McFadden vs. IND. The Colts run defense isn't too scary and McFadden is primed for a huge game, in what should be a high scoring affair.
2. Arian Foster at DEN. Foster has proven he's a must-start regardless of matchup. Drawing the Broncos this week is just icing on the proverbial cake.
3. Maurice Jones-Drew vs. WAS. MJD has saved his best football for last. The Jags are fighting for a playoff berth and the Redskins won't provide much resistance this week.
For the rest of my Week 16 running back rankings, go here.
1. Roddy White vs. NO. White has quieted down lately, but expect him to roar back to the front of the pack in a key divisional game at home, where Matt Ryan is golden.
2. Vincent Jackson vs. CIN. Last week, he thrived with Malcolm Floyd and Antonio Gates out of action. This week, both look like crapshoots once again. Jackson should be targeted early and often.
3. Andre Johnson at DEN. The Texans have been at the wrong end of some bad defeats lately and will be motivated to change that trend. The Broncos aren't intimidating in pass defense.
For the rest of my Week 16 wide receiver rankings, go here.
1. Jason Witten at ARI. Time to stop the Witten hating, especially in game agaisnt the woeful Cardinals.
2. Jacob Tamme at OAK. Has cooled to a degree lately, but should see plenty of Peyton Manning passes in a must-win game and with other weapons returning to take pressure off the middle.
3. Owen Daniels at DEN. My reach pick, but Daniels has looked good the past couple weeks and draws a Broncos defense that struggles against opposing tight ends.
For the rest of my Week 16 tight end rankings, go here.
For all your hard-hitting fantasy football advice, go to www.chinstrapninjas.com