Fantasy Football: Week 13 Running Back (RB) Rankings
This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 13.
Here are some notes on running backs and run defenses heading into this week's games:
- Texans running Arian Foster, who was the only 1,000-yard rusher entering Week 12, finished with 218 yards from scrimmage against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.
- For a fourth consecutive game, Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew rushed for 100-plus yards. MJD faces the Titans, who allowed Foster to rush for 143 yards in Week 12, and the Raiders and Colts (who both rank in the bottom eight against the run) in his next three matchups.
- Miami running backs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams set season highs in rushing attempts and yards in Week 12. Williams finished with 20 carries for 95 yards and Brown finished with 24 carries for 85 yards.
- Denver's Knowshon Moreno has scored a touchdown in each of his past three games. During that span, he has rushed for 220 yards and has 16 receptions for 174 yards.
- Atlanta's Michael Turner has rushed for 100-plus yards and scored in four of his past five games. One of those games was against Tampa Bay, which is this week's opponent as well.
- Tennessee running back Chris Johnson rushed for a career-low five yards on seven carries. However, he had a worse game from a yards-per-carry perspective in his rookie season, when he rushed for eight yards on 14 carries against the Bears. In either case, he will bounce back with Kerry Collins (knock on wood) under center.
- For a second time this season, Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles finished with 22 carries and 170-something yards. This week, Charles and the Chiefs face the Broncos, who have allowed the second-most fantasy points to opposing running backs this season. That said, Charles only had 41 yards on 14 carries in their first matchup this season.
- For three of out his past four games, Rams running back Steven Jackson has had single-digit fantasy points. This week, he faces the Cardinals, who have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing running backs this season.
- After a season-high 36 rushing attempts last week, Pittsburgh Rashard Mendenhall leads the NFL in rushing attempts (238). This week, the Steelers face the Ravens on Sunday night.
- San Diego running back Mike Tolbert has back-to-back 100-yard rushing games, in addition to scoring a touchdown in seven of his past eight games. Only three teams have allowed more fantasy points to opposing running backs than the Raiders this season.
- Buffalo's Fred Jackson rushed for over 100 yards against Detroit and Cincinnati and had over 100 receiving yards against Pittsburgh. During that three-game span, Jackson has 308 rushing yards and 154 receiving yards as well as five touchdowns.
- In his past two games, Oakland's Darren McFadden has 18 rushing attempts and only 16 rushing yards.
Here are my top ten fantasy running backs for Week 13:
1. Arian Foster, Texans (at PHI)
2. Michael Turner, Falcons (at TB)
3. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars (at TEN)
4. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs (vs DEN)
5. Adrian Peterson, Vikings (BUF)
6. Steven Jackson, Rams (at ARI)
7. Peyton Hillis, Browns (at MIA)
8. Chris Johnson, Titans (vs JAX)
9. Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers (at BAL)
10. Mike Tolbert, Chargers (vs OAK)
See our full top 40 running back rankings for Week 13.
Good luck in your Week 13 matchup(s) and in our Week 13 contest.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?