This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 13.
Here are some notes on wide receivers and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- Despite his slow start (nine receptions for 152 yards and a touchdown in first four games), Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe has been on a tear. Bowe, who has scored in seven straight games, now has a franchise-record 14 receiving touchdowns with five games left to go—in fact, he had a better game (13-170-3) last week than he had a first quarter of the season (9-152-1).
- Atlanta's Roddy White was held to under 50 yards (49, to be exact) two times this season: last week against Green Bay and earlier against Tampa Bay. This week, he faces Tampa Bay and Aqib Talib again.
- After Sunday's 159-yard performance, Seattle's Ben Obomanu has 15 receptions for 342 yards and three touchdowns in his past four games.
- On Thanksgiving, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis shut down Bengals receiver Terrell Owens, with three receptions for 17 yards. In three of the past four weeks, Revis has shut down T.O., Houston's Andre Johnson and Detroit's Calvin Johnson. Will he spend the majority of time on Wes Welker or Deion Branch this week?
- Jets receiver Santonio Holmes has 22 receptions for 360 yards and four touchdowns in his past four games.
- Speaking of Welker and Holmes, they are the featured receivers in our free fantasy football contest, which is based on Monday Night Football matchups, for Week 13.
- Since Week 6, Packers receiver Greg Jennings has five-plus receptions for 74-plus yards every week. With his 119-yard performance last week, Jennings has gone over 100 yards in three of those six games.
- Miami's Brian Hartline has had 70-plus receiving yards in four straight games. Teammate Davone Bess had a season-high 111 yards against Oakland.
- Denver's Brandon Lloyd has 23 receptions for 413 yards and six touchdowns in his past four games. The NFL receiving leader has had 70-plus yards in nine of 11 games and 50-plus yards in ten of 11 games.
- In two of his past three games, Raiders receiver Jacoby Ford has had 100-plus yards. In all of his other games this season, Ford has been held to 27 yards or less.
- Bears receiver Johnny Knox has had 50-plus receiving yards in five of six games. He just missed (49 yards) on the exception.
- Colts receiver Reggie Wayne has less than 50 yards in three of his past five games; meanwhile, Saints receiver Marques Colston has 100-plus yards in three of his past five games.
- After scoring six touchdowns in his previous six games, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was held to no receptions against the Saints last week.
- In three of his past four games, Baltimore's Anquan Boldin has had three (or less) receptions for less than 30 yards. On the other hand, teammate Derrick Mason has had a touchdown in three of his past four games.
Here are my top ten fantasy wide receivers for Week 13:
1. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (vs DEN)
2. Andre Johnson, Texans (at PHI)
3. Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (at KC)
4. Greg Jennings, Packers (vs SF)
5. Marques Colston, Saints (at CIN)
6. Reggie Wayne, Colts (vs DAL)
7. DeSean Jackson, Eagles (vs HOU)
8. Roddy White, Falcons (at TB)
9. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs CHI)
10. Mike Wallace, Steelers (at BAL)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 13
Good luck in your Week 13 matchup(s) and in our Week 13 contest.