Fantasy Football: Week 12 Wide Receiver (WR) Rankings
This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 12. Here are some notes on wide receivers and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- For the third consecutive game, Steelers receiver Mike Wallace finished with 100-plus yards and scored a touchdown. Since Ben Roethlisberger's return from suspension, Wallace has scored in five of six games.
- Over his past seven games, Bengals receiver Terrell Owens has 48 receptions for 745 yards and eight touchdowns. This week, however, Owens faces Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who limited Detroit's Calvin Johnson to one reception for 13 yards and Houston's Andre Johnson to four receptions for 32 yards in their recent match-ups. Then again, T.O. called Revis an "average cornerback."
- Scoring in each of his past six games, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe has scored 10 touchdowns during that span. In addition he now has had back-to-back 100-yard games.
- Baltimore receiver Anquan Boldin had two 100-yard games in the first three weeks of the season. Since then (seven games), he's had none. In fact, he has gained over 50 yards in three of those seven games.
- Cardinals receiver Steve Breaston has had 92-plus yards in three of his past four games. Teammate Larry Fitzgerald has three 90-plus yard games in his past four games. During that stretch, Breaston has 20 receptions for 365 yards while Fitzgerald has 26 for 360 yards and three touchdowns.
- Speaking of Fitzgerald, he and San Francisco's Michael Crabtree are the featured wide receivers in our fantasy football contest this week.
- Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall, who only has one touchdown this season, has been held to 41 yards or less in his past three games. In addition, he left last week's game with a hamstring injury and his status for this week's game is uncertain. During that same span teammate Brian Hartline has 70-plus receiving yards in all three games.
- Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson will make his season debut on Sunday night against the Colts. Last year, Jackson set career highs in receptions (68), receiving yards (1,167) and touchdowns (nine).
- Seahawks receiver Ben Obomanu, who appeared on this week's list of free-agent pickups, has seen his number of receptions and receiving yards increase as his role has increased. Last week he finished with five receptions for 87 yards and a touchdown.
Here are my top 10 fantasy wide receivers for Week 12:
1. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs NE)
2. Roddy White, Falcons (vs GB)
3. Andre Johnson, Texans (vs TEN)
4. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (at SEA)
5. Greg Jennings, Packers (at ATL)
6. Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (vs STL)
7. Marques Colston, Saints (at DAL)
8. DeSean Jackson, Eagles (at CHI)
9. Reggie Wayne, Colts (vs SD)
10. Mike Wallace, Steelers (at BUF)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 12.
Good luck in your Week 12 matchup(s) and in our Week 12 contest.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?